Rehoming dilema.....

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I figured that if I kept two kittens, things would be okay, but I've been having doubts. I only live in a two bedroomed bungalow, and although it is big, it's just not big enough for 3 fully grown cats, so I've decided that I will only keep one.

The thing is, originally, I was going to keep Links and Pixie, however, I've become very clos to Lola, she's a real softy and loves curling up on my lap. The others just hide away and sleep or play like maniacs. Now for the problem, My neighbours picked her out as the one that stuck out for them, and so when Lola was just a week old, I promised her to them. I would really love to keep her. Just Look....

Do you think I would be selfish to tell my neighbours 2 weeks before she goes to them that I want to keep her and that they would have to re-select? I feel awful.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that would be hard

If it was me, I would tell them to reselect
You can't fight the connection you have and it would break your heart to give her up..

It is a little selfish I guess though...but I would do it

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly think you need to talk to your neighbors. Decide which of you is truly the best home, ask them if they would be interested in choosing a different kitten, as you have formed a bond with Lola.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your advice guys.

I think one reason I've bonded with her is that I always wipe her weepy eye (she has an eyebrow whisker which curved round and catches her eye when she's grooming). Also, I've had to do some of her weening by hand as she doesn't seem interested in dry/wet food (cat food anyway). Also with the litter tray.

But they even named her.....

They would provide a good home for her and visit her every week. Ours sons play together so I will still see her alot and get to watch her grow up.

Links is still a cutie too (which is the one of Pixie and him that I would probably chose - only because he's medium haired and I already have a tortie)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep her. Just explain to them that you have fallen in love with her and that she has bonded with you and you with her. Offer them another kitten.

Cats adopt us, not the other way around. And I think this little angel as chosen you to be her new forever meowmy.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg they are the cutest pics i've ever seen. If i were in your shoes i think my heart would break!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You cannot give up that little darlin! That sweet little face! She's just irresistible! And more to the point... the look on your face as you hold her...
...that kitten is yours, no doubt about it.

Or mine, if you'll let me!

peppergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you have a special bond with her, I would keep her. You would hate to watch her grow up and regret giving her up.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to talk to your neighbors. If I had my heart set on a kitten, and bonded with that kitten, I would be devastated if it got taken away from me two weeks before I was to get her.
Devastated and angry, frankly.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I honestly think you need to talk to your neighbors. Decide which of you is truly the best home, ask them if they would be interested in choosing a different kitten, as you have formed a bond with Lola.
I would have this discussion with them. I would also be prepared to give her up as you already made an agreement. They may surprise you and be willing to select another, especially if you tell them that she needs extra care.