TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:

My newest foster dog.

Hobbling along

"Whatchya doin?"

Still hobbling

She suffered a broken leg somehow. I dunno, she came from another facility. She is a TOTAL doll. Kissy. And sweet. And great with kids/cats/dogs.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

She looks very sweet - what breed/mix do you think she is?
I dunno. I was told Coonhound, totally not what I expected to find waiting for me!

I see her nipples are very noticeable(not preggo noticeable), definately had puppies before.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am leaning towards Redbone Coonhound/Boxer X on her....she slept all night on my bed, "woo woo"ed at my girls upstairs a couple of times....cried when she needed out. Did I mention I
this girl?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Nat what an absolute precious girl she is. Look at that sweet face.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things got complicated, we might have to do surgery/rebreak & cast the leg.
It is a horrible job....the bone is very crooked & the two broken ends do not even match.
As I am 30 mins from the vet, I left her with another family right near the vets. That broke my heart.

As there is no room at the shelter because of irresponsible owners, I had to bring home a foster dog. He came for a breeder, never had a name. He's terrified, living in an outdoor kennel all his life. A wirehaired JRT. Just look at him!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think she could be part Rhodesian Ridgeback? A guy that John buys cars from has a family member with a Ridgeback. He looks a lot like your foster girl.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Do you think she could be part Rhodesian Ridgeback? A guy that John buys cars from has a family member with a Ridgeback. He looks a lot like your foster girl.
I thought the same thing!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I am leaning towards Redbone Coonhound/Boxer X on her....she slept all night on my bed, "woo woo"ed at my girls upstairs a couple of times....cried when she needed out. Did I mention I
this girl?
Are redbones the one from where the red fern grows? I know several dog breeds, mostly working or herding group not so much the hounds or the toy breeds.
I definately thought boxer when I saw her. and mabey plott hound or rodesian ridgeback. But I was leaning towards the dog from red fern grows more then the plott (which is the redbone, right?)

Originally Posted by kluchetta

I thought the same thing!
That crossed my mind too. She has that look to her, I think.
Well she is definately a hound dog! And mabey a little boxer too.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Are redbones the one from where the red fern grows? I know several dog breeds, mostly working or herding group not so much the hounds or the toy breeds.
I definately thought boxer when I saw her. and mabey plott hound or rodesian ridgeback. But I was leaning towards the dog from red fern grows more then the plott (which is the redbone, right?)

That crossed my mind too. She has that look to her, I think.
Well she is definately a hound dog! And mabey a little boxer too.
Yes, I do think the Redbone was in Where the Red Fern Grows.
Our 5th grade teacher read it to us, and even the boys were crying.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a bit of an update on Mandy, the coonhound. Her leg was a compound fracture. There was no padding between the cast & the bone....so, long story short. We have to amputate the leg.
She's a tough girl & will get around fine....but man, she sure drew the short stick!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry she will need to have her leg amputated
Please do not be discouraged though hon- many dogs really do just fine after amputations and bounce back! My former foster dog,Norris did and he went on to find a wonderful home!!!