3 yrs ago today...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my dad.

I miss him soooo bad!!! I just wanna be able to see him once again.

I thought after 3 yrs it would be easier, but its not!!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Monica. I know it's hard, but try to focus on the happy memories you have of your father and know that he'll always be with you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it's just over five years, and it's my mom. No, it doesn't get easier, but I find that looking at photos and remembering good times helps a lot. Do you have things like this that you enjoy doing in order to keep your memory of your Dad alive?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I lost my dad almost 2 months ago and it is really hard. I find looking at pictures really helps and I got a tattoo in memory of him that has really helped me deal with it.
If you need someone to talk to, you can pm me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time does make it easier, at times, but for me, the anniversary still hits me hard. I lost my dad Nov 3, 2002 and my mom May 14, 2004. Day to day the rest of the year, I have some bad days, but mostly I'm ok. But on the anniversaries, I seem to play the whole day over again in my mind and the pain is fresh. I know how you feel.
Grieve if you want to, cry if you want to. And, don't let anyone tell you "you should be over it by now"...because losing a parent is something you will never "get over", you just get on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Time does make it easier, at times, but for me, the anniversary still hits me hard. I lost my dad Nov 3, 2002 and my mom May 14, 2004. Day to day the rest of the year, I have some bad days, but mostly I'm ok. But on the anniversaries, I seem to play the whole day over again in my mind and the pain is fresh. I know how you feel.
Grieve if you want to, cry if you want to. And, don't let anyone tell you "you should be over it by now"...because losing a parent is something you will never "get over", you just get on.
You are so right!!! And many
to you!!!