TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Attention VW Owners!! From '99-'04, There is Recall On Brake Lights!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Attention VW Owners!! From '99-'04, There is Recall On Brake Lights!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I was having troubles with my car acting VERY strange. My brake lights would turn on and not turn back off! I would turn my car off, turn the lights off, nothing! Even when I was driving they wouldn't turn off. This would happen for an hour or two a day, luckily only that. Even my cruse control was affected and wouldn't work when my brake lights were acting up. Lucky for me and everyone else there was a recall on the brake lights for 1999-2004 on the brake lights and you can get them replaced for free if your car is on the list. I own a Jetta but I think it goes for all their models.

Go check it out! It's totally free and if you don't get it fixed it's very dangerous not to mention hard on your battery!
post #2 of 11
If you do qualify for the recall, they will send you a notice in the mail to go to your nearest shop to get it fixed, for free
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
If you do qualify for the recall, they will send you a notice in the mail to go to your nearest shop to get it fixed, for free

My parents had their Jetta fixed already.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
If you do qualify for the recall, they will send you a notice in the mail to go to your nearest shop to get it fixed, for free
I think thats only if you are the first owner of the vehicle though. If it is used to you then you wouldn't be on file.

I had a recall on my sunfire years ago and I didn't know until I brought it in randomly and they informed me then because they plugged the VIN into their system.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I think thats only if you are the first owner of the vehicle though. If it is used to you then you wouldn't be on file.

I had a recall on my sunfire years ago and I didn't know until I brought it in randomly and they informed me then because they plugged the VIN into their system.
I dont think so? Because I've never owned a brand new car, always pre-owned & I've always gotten the information about recalls?
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
I dont think so? Because I've never owned a brand new car, always pre-owned & I've always gotten the information about recalls?
I remember getting something on our Saturn, and we weren't the first owners either.
post #7 of 11
We receive recalls on pre-owned cars as well.
post #8 of 11
I have recieved recalls on my car and it is previously owned also.
post #9 of 11
Yup, my used truck was part of Ford's Firestone tire recall.
Never got a letter (I had only recently got the truck), but the dealer just told me to take the truck in to my local Goodyear tire center.
I got all 5 tires replaced, free.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
I didn't get contacted about my Jetta. I also didn't buy from a big dealer so I don't know if that makes a difference. When I went to a VW sales place they asked if I was so and so and it hadn't been changed over to my name so he did it on his computer there at the store for me.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
I didn't get contacted about my Jetta. I also didn't buy from a big dealer so I don't know if that makes a difference. When I went to a VW sales place they asked if I was so and so and it hadn't been changed over to my name so he did it on his computer there at the store for me.
That probably made the difference. I had many repairs done on my old VW's and my Saturn, so the dealers had changed the owner in the computer. Same with our old Pontiac too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Attention VW Owners!! From '99-'04, There is Recall On Brake Lights!