TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Annual "Death to Israel" parade in Iran
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Annual "Death to Israel" parade in Iran

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1


I wonder when Israel will have their "Death to Iran" parade? Oh, I know, Never.
post #2 of 19
70% of Iran is unpopulated desert. If they want to show solidarity with the Palestinians, why not carve out a few hundred square miles of their desert, pipe in some water, call it "New Palestine", and let them move in?
post #3 of 19
Ok I had to laugh at this one.
post #4 of 19
Two years ago, he suggested that Israel be moved to Germany and Austria. Now he thinks it could be moved to Canada and Alaska: http://www.welt.de/politik/article12..._umsetzen.html
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Two years ago, he suggested that Israel be moved to Germany and Austria. Now he thinks it could be moved to Canada and Alaska: http://www.welt.de/politik/article12..._umsetzen.html
Heck! If they'd like to pick up and move there we'd welcome them. However, the place where they are now has a much nicer weather. I'd stay put if I were them.
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Not to mention the fact that the land was given to them by God. I don't think they will move, nor should they. And no one will take Israel away from them again I don't believe.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Not to mention the fact that the land was given to them by God.
I'm not trying to argue for Iran or against Israel, but trying to understand situations from both sides is never a bad thing. Islamic people believe that parts of Israel are their holy land as well. All three monotheistic religions have a lot in common, including the belief that the land in question is rightfully theirs. Which is why this argument goes nowhere, and does nothing towards reaching a peaceful agreement.

Though in Iran's case, especially their president, I don't think they really want a peaceful agreement.
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
I'm not Jewish but I know that the land was given to the Hebrews by God. Can't argue with God. They are the chosen "Children of God", always have been and always will be, that is just they way it is.

Not to mention the fact that the land was given to the Hebrews CENTURIES before Islam even existed.

And no, Iran does NOT want to co-exist with Israel, therein lies the problem.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I'm not Jewish but I know that the land was given to the Hebrews by God. Can't argue with God. They are the chosen "Children of God", always have been and always will be, that is just they way it is.

Not to mention the fact that the land was given to the Hebrews CENTURIES before Islam even existed.
Well, the Bible is only a "fact" to some. I don't think it's fair to non-Christians to use it as a tool for making political decisions that affect them.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post
Well, the Bible is only a "fact" to some. I don't think it's fair to non-Christians to use it as a tool for making political decisions that affect them.

lol no, it is a fact. So there for it is the only tools that can be used in something that is a reglious and political issue.

No lets face it, first the UN and the arabs nations allow the Palestinian people to stay in there little camps. The arabs cause it fits there aganda , AND they dont want the palestinian people in there lands(Also cause when they try it the past the palestinian people caused to much trouble) millions if not billions have us dollars have been given to them, But there fearless leaders banked in there own accounts.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol no, it is a fact. So there for it is the only tools that can be used in something that is a reglious and political issue.
There are a few gods whose followers have disappeared over time, but for the most part, every god is fact to someone.

Its really odd that you state that the bible is the tool to use to pursue peace in an area of the world where the two major religions don't use it.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
There are a few gods whose followers have disappeared over time, but for the most part, every god is fact to someone.

Its really odd that you state that the bible is the tool to use to pursue peace in an area of the world where the two major religions don't use it.
sure man made gods do vanish, just like there followers. All false regions will fail.

One does not, the other should. If they would read there book.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
sure man made gods do vanish, just like there followers. All false regions will fail.

One does not, the other should. If they would read there book.
As I said, a few have disappeared. Right now, there are dozens of gods, many far older than christianity, still being worshiped all over the world. Here are a few of them. Now, on this list, several of them are forgotten. Most of them are not. In fact, the Yorùbá faith still worships Nana Buluku as the one true god, and has been around for a long, long, long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities

But to clarify, I don't think that Nana Buluku would be any help in the middle east either.
post #14 of 19
There are millions upon millions upon millions who believe that their own religion is absolutely the only right one, no exceptions. They are, however, not all from the same religion.

All of these people, as well as all the ones who believe people should be treated equally, who do not think that one particular belief makes you better or more right than everyone else, have to coexist.

We can only hope that all these people coexist peacefully, as if we refuse to, we can kill ourselves fifty times over. To this end, being completely stubborn in any paradigm- and refusing to even understand anyone elses- is dangerous. Nobody needs to change their religion, all that needs to happen is a willingness to not be completely rigid and refuse to accept that for other people, their beliefs are just as valid.

If you do believe in an afterlife, then why not trust in your god(s) to take care of everything and make everything just? Why do we need to punish each other in the name of our god(s) in this life? Especially, in Christianity, isn't judgment a sin?

Anyway, Ahmedinejad seems among the main people who won't understand this and wants to create a violetn atmosphere because of what are really pretty minor differences among people.
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Yes, and the people of Israel have given much to the Palestinians. Quite a bit actually. The Palestinians want it all and want Israel destroyed. Not going to happen.
post #16 of 19
You know, I've read quite a bit into the situation between Israel, the Palestinians, and the arab nations. But I'm not too keen on the relationship between Israel and the United States.

Would it fall under our agreements, treaties or whatevers to send a couple of "oldies but goodies", like the USS Enterprise and the USS Kitty Hawk and their battle groups and just anchor them in the the Med for defense of Israel? I mean, they could be like floating permanent duty stations. The Israeli military is very, very good I know, but you can never tell when a few extra squadrons of Hornets might just come in handy.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
As I said, a few have disappeared. Right now, there are dozens of gods, many far older than christianity, still being worshiped all over the world. Here are a few of them. Now, on this list, several of them are forgotten. Most of them are not. In fact, the Yorùbá faith still worships Nana Buluku as the one true god, and has been around for a long, long, long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities

But to clarify, I don't think that Nana Buluku would be any help in the middle east either.
Sure there are 100's of fake gods, that does not make them real.
its like trying to bake a cake, you going to screw it up a few times until you finally listen and do it right. but that is besides the point.

They could use faith, to stop the issues , but they wont.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
Sure there are 100's of fake gods, that does not make them real.
its like trying to bake a cake, you going to screw it up a few times until you finally listen and do it right. but that is besides the point.

They could use faith, to stop the issues , but they wont.
Whats up with the bashing of everyone else's religions? Each of them stand just as much chance of being right as any other.
post #19 of 19

This thread is going

Let's stop the discussion of any "true" or "false" religions, please, as it's fruitless.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Annual "Death to Israel" parade in Iran