Pictures, and a new problem!

bellydancer2417

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I'm not sure about posting images on the forum, but here goes.

If that worked, there should be a picture of the new kittens a few days after they were born, which was a couple of weeks ago.

But we have a new concern. Both kittens are growing well, and eating about 1/2 and 1/2 hard food and momma's milk. Asset, the little white and grey kitten, is even using the litter box like a pro. Noki, the little grey kitten, is not using the litter box, but is going to the bathroom all over the floor NEXT to the litter box.

So my question is, how can we encourage him to use the litter box? We've never had this problem with any of our other cats. Is he just too young still? Most sites advise watching him right after he eats, but momma feeds him all the time, so we can't sit by him 24/7 waiting for him to go! What should we do?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really can't help with your problem, other than to say for your pics to show, you need to upload your pics to an online photo hosting site like Photobucket (it's free).

calicoblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried putting him in the litter box and taking his little paw and motioning the "scratching"? That worked for me on one of my kittens..it kinda wired the brain with the litterbox and that's where I'm supposed to do it! LOL!!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helps if you make the box easier to get into--low sides. A disposable casserole dish could work.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoBlue

Have you tried putting him in the litter box and taking his little paw and motioning the "scratching"? That worked for me on one of my kittens..it kinda wired the brain with the litterbox and that's where I'm supposed to do it! LOL!!
this worked for one of my girls as well. . . take their front paws and dig with them. like they burry their droppings. Like she said it triggers something inside. Good luck!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used Kitten Attract or my kittens and the used it the second I put it in the box! It's a miracle litter! lol

Definately give it a try, it's worth the money!

meow me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, living in Miami, FL for
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

I used Kitten Attract or my kittens and the used it the second I put it in the box! It's a miracle litter! lol

Definately give it a try, it's worth the money!
I second that, except they didn't have Kitten Attract, so I bought Cat Attract. It worked instantly and permanently as well !