Goodbye Zorro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, Zorro has less than 25 hours left. He has an appointment tommorow at 5:40. I went into the vets today to get Boo his vaccinations, and the vet told me that he thinks this is the best thing to do. Zorro just isn't happy anymore and its sad to watch. I know that this is going to be the hardest moment of my life. I'm so nervous. I don't want him to go, but I know that it has to be this way. I've been trying to make his last few days the best possible. I've been feeding him Fancy Feast because its supposed to be really good tasting(and he loves it), and I've been giving him a ton of attention and treats. I'm planning on taking him outside for a few hours tommorow right before we go in.
He's really doped up right now. I've given him a double dose of prednisone, and some medicam so that he'll feel really good for the last 24 hours. It seems to be working.
The vet gave me a sedative to give him before I go in. Hopefully it'll settle him down enough for the vet to easily give him the barbituates.
Please send Zorro your love and wish him a speady travel to the rainbow bridge where he will finally be able to run, jump and play with the other kitties.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think the hardest part is finally making the decision. It's torture. With my cancer kitty I knew the day was coming and like you I tried to make his last days extra special for him. I agonized over when to finally let him go. I hope this doesn't sound awful but I was actually a little relieved when it was finally done. He was out of pain and I new I had done the best I could for him. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you did the best for Zorro. Strength to you and godspeed to Zorro in his journey.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and for a easy time to the Rainbow bridge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel very sad, but I'm also anxious to get it over with. You're right. It is a relief. I know I'm going to cry, but I also know that he will no longer be in pain. I know he's in pain, and it hurts me that I can't do anything to take that pain and suffering away. This is the only thing I can do for him.
I know its stupid, but I keep telling myself that he's just going away to stay at the vets for a little while. Its not the best thing to do, but I'm just not ready to tell myself what's really going to happen.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I couldn't help but cry when I read this.
Zorro is loving all of this attention I'm sure. His whole life has been happy and fulfilling. And I know his last day with you will be special for both of you.

Please take care of yourself, I'm saying prayers for you and for sweet Zorro.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having been through this with my Palekana in May I know how hard it is to make that decision. Hugs to you and Zorro.
You're right- this is the best thing you can do for him. He knows that you love him and are trying to help him. Soon he'll be playing with the other kitties at the Bridge.

sheeba07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really feel for you. It must be so hard, I got all teary-eyed reading your post. Be strong for Zorro - it's the right thing to do
I'm sending best wishes for both of you and a good journey to the Rainbow Bridge

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a heartbreaking time this must be for you and although I know neither of you I am sitting here crying with you...

safe journey sweet Zorro

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots and lots of
and going your way.

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
to you and Zorro. It's so hard to make the right decision but it is what is best for Zorro and he will thank you for it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

what a heartbreaking time this must be for you and although I know neither of you I am sitting here crying with you...

safe journey sweet Zorro
Same here.

I can only hope & pray I never have to be in the same situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all soo much for your kind words. The time is getting closer, and I'm getting so nervous. He's really not feeling good at all today. My sister's cat seems to know that he's dieing. They used to be best buddies, and now she won't let him come within 3 feet of her without hissing and swating at him. I'm trying to be strong for him, and I hope that the sedative knocks him out before he goes into the vet so he doesn't even know he's going there.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You and Zorro are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is a very difficult time for you but find comfort in the fact that Zorro will know that what you did was for him. You are an excellent meowmy.

for Zorro

Status
Not open for further replies.