found a kitten around my house

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello for the past few days there has been a half grown male cat im guessing his age is about 4 months? Or clost to it? anyways hes always so hungry and is meowing BUT at the sametime hes extremly skitish and will run off if i get near but if i put food down he will eat it. Anyways Ive been giving him food for the past couple of days he always comes back to this specific spot which is behind my shed where there is thick thick bushes away from all the other animals. This cat only stays in that area and is only around at night? where do you think he goes during the day? im kinda confused as to what to do

I think im gonna send an e mail to the shelter tonight I know they have like 100s of kittens/young cats right now but not sure what else to do?

Ive just been feeding it adult innova cat food, the kitten looks so skinny im sure it needs to eat something higher in fats? My other cats havent even seen it cause they never go to the area this kitten is hanging out in

OR maybe they have seen it and pushed this kitten to this specific area?

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

Hello for the past few days there has been a half grown male cat im guessing his age is about 4 months? Or clost to it? anyways hes always so hungry and is meowing BUT at the sametime hes extremly skitish and will run off if i get near but if i put food down he will eat it. Anyways Ive been giving him food for the past couple of days he always comes back to this specific spot which is behind my shed where there is thick thick bushes away from all the other animals. This cat only stays in that area and is only around at night? where do you think he goes during the day? im kinda confused as to what to do

I think im gonna send an e mail to the shelter tonight I know they have like 100s of kittens/young cats right now but not sure what else to do?

Ive just been feeding it adult innova cat food, the kitten looks so skinny im sure it needs to eat something higher in fats? My other cats havent even seen it cause they never go to the area this kitten is hanging out in

OR maybe they have seen it and pushed this kitten to this specific area?
Who knows where they go during the day?
The ferals I feed only come around at night too. Any way you can trap the cat and have him neutered and then release him? The shelter probably won't want him if he's not tame.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
omg for god sake this kitten is 4 months at most (probably younger), I dont think nutering the poor thing is gonna help it out right now

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

omg for god sake this kitten is 4 months at most (probably younger), I dont think nutering the poor thing is gonna help it out right now
Four months is quite old enough to be neutered. Sorry you didn't like my suggestion. Maybe somebody else will come along and tell you whatever it is that you want to hear.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you keep the kitty? Do you want to have the responsibility of its upkeep? If so, then trap the kitty with a humane trap, which you can probably borrow from the shelter, take him to the vet, get shots, have him neutered, and work at taming him. At such a young age, he'd probably become a very loving cat. If you can keep him, and want to try to make him an indoor kitty, trap him, get him shots and have him neutered, and work with taming him inside.

And yes, he probably should be eating kitty food for the extra protein. As long as you keep feeding him (& he doesn't get hurt being outside) and provide nice shelter for him from the elements, he'll keep coming back.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aft first when i saw him it was a HUGE NO as far keeping it. BUt now i think i might change my mind. hes NEVER here during the day tho hes only around wayy after dark which is kinda hard cause im usually out by then. I did see him a vew times last night though i saw him in our tree ripping up and down it then later i just saw him wondering around sniffing things. HE seems full of SPUNKbut looks like he stays in the area at least

maija

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here in Finland, many young cats die every winter, because people leave them all alone after summer. Winter temperature can be even minus 30 degrees Celsius. (usually something about minus 10 to minus 25 Celsius).

Is there anyone else who could take this kitten, if you can't? I understand, that it's not easy to take "wild" cat inside home, with your own cats. Does your shed can be a place to cat can go to escape the bad whether?

(sorry my bad English (grammar), I'm doing my best)

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah we have a shed thats actually insulated and heated, right now it would be to hot go in but im sure in the winter it would be great?its also got lots of windows so its full of light