When I leave the house

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so strange. Whenever I leave the house I tell Popsie where I'm going. Like when I go to over to my parents I say "I'm going to see grandma, be home later." Or if I'm leaving to get DH from work I tell Popsie I'm going to get daddy.
I even tell him when I'm going outside to get the mail. Does anyone else do this or do I need to get a grip.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not alone. I tell my cats "you be good kids while momma goes....(wherever I'm going) momma loves you, bye bye". I can't leave the house without saying this. It's a ritual.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How else will they know where we're going and when we'll be back? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZXzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Easy decided to say something, too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, mainstream thinkers may have their own little narrow views, but I have always talked to cats and always will -- they are my loved ones and they are very intelligent, far more so, in fact, than a lot of humans hereabouts! Don't stop telling Popsie where you're going and when you'll be back -- I'm sure he appreciates it and if anyone else objects, "WE live here. YOU DON'T!" should do it.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
heh, I've always done it and never really thought much about it. I have to tell my dog, "I'll be right back, I gotta get your sisters some kitty food" or "I gotta run to the store, I'll be right back, Buff" or, God forbid, "I'll see you later, guys, mommy's gotta go to work."

I don't know if they can tell what the heck I'm saying, but my stopping to say SOMETHING to them seems to help better than just walking out without a word. Jake loves to howl his indignition at being left behind, and Molly will yowl along, but it's much worse if I leave without a word. I guess that while they can't understand what I'm saying, they figure I'm telling them that I KNOW I can't bring them with me. When I leave without a word, maybe they think they have to tell me that I forgot to bring them, so please come back and bring them with me, lol

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I'm so strange. Whenever I leave the house I tell Popsie where I'm going. Like when I go to over to my parents I say "I'm going to see grandma, be home later." Or if I'm leaving to get DH from work I tell Popsie I'm going to get daddy.
I even tell him when I'm going outside to get the mail. Does anyone else do this or do I need to get a grip.

I don't talk or say anything, I just cuddle my cat and then he wants to go out with me. I still haven't uploaded his new pics but not sure if I want to... coz' of personal reasons :p

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always say, Mom's got to go to .... (where ever I"m going) and usually I tell them about what time I'll be back. I also give kisses good bye every morning. I started doing that because a friend was in a hurry one day & her cat didn't want her to leave, but she pushed him away & rushed out. He died that night while she was out. She felt horrible wishing she had at least taken the time to say she love him. So now every time I leave I tell them that I love them & give the kisses, that way they always know. (or at least I know I've told them) Actually I've stated telling Jordan that I love him bigger than the sky, a little phrase that I have to admit I stole from Bella713.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I will join the club! I always say goodbye to the kids - and I always find them and kiss them godbye. In fact, this morning when I left for work Cosmo had a burgundy smudge on his head from my lipstick! It is such a routine, that if Mollie isn't in the living room, and she hears me saying goodbye to the other two, she comes out from wherever she is, for her hugs, too!
Then when I get home we start the process all over again!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

It is such a routine, that if Mollie isn't in the living room, and she hears me saying goodbye to the other two, she comes out from wherever she is, for her hugs, too!
I'm jealous, usually mine try to run away & play the catch me if you can game. Before he got sick, Jordan would jump up on me every time I tried to leave. Or he would flop himself down in front of the door and refuse to move.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I tell them good-bye and to be good. Our front door is glass with iron work on it so I usually see at least two cats sitting at the door just waiting for me to come in when they hear the car drive up in the drive way.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always tell Riley where I'm going and when I will be back and to be a good boy and mommy loves you, then he gets kisses on his face

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do this too! I'll tell Mittens, "I'll know if you pick on Cassy, because when I get back if I hear those birds screeching, I'll know."

The birds are my watchdogs.