Good Grief! I have a "date"!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an unexpected date tonight! LOL

I went to physio today. I use a service called "Handi Transit" which is actually door-to-door public transportation for those with medical needs who can't use regular transit buses for one reason or another.

On the way home the guy who picked me up was quite chatty and we got talking about music and just general conversation. He doesn't like heavy metal/rock'n roll and I happened to mention that I didn't either until I met my ex who was really into that kind of music and it grew on me.

When I got home and was getting out of the car he asked about the guy I mentioned (my ex). I told him that we were history and that he was married with a kid now. Then he asked me about dating and if I was seeing anyone. Suddenly it dawned on me that he was probing around trying to find out if I was single and available.

Long story short, he asked if he could call me and we could go out one evening. I don't know what happened, but I found myself saying sure. He asked if I like wine. I do. So he's coming over this evening and bringing a bottle of wine. I told him it's just wine and conversation though!

He's 32 years (12 years younger than I am).

Wish me luck! LOL I haven't been on a "date" in about 4 years!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have an unexpected date tonight! LOL

I went to physio today. I use a service called "Handi Transit" which is actually door-to-door public transportation for those with medical needs who can't use regular transit buses for one reason or another.

On the way home the guy who picked me up was quite chatty and we got talking about music and just general conversation. He doesn't like heavy metal/rock'n roll and I happened to mention that I didn't either until I met my ex who was really into that kind of music and it grew on me.

When I got home and was getting out of the car he asked about the guy I mentioned (my ex). I told him that we were history and that he was married with a kid now. Then he asked me about dating and if I was seeing anyone. Suddenly it dawned on me that he was probing around trying to find out if I was single and available.

Long story short, he asked if he could call me and we could go out one evening. I don't know what happened, but I found myself saying sure. He asked if I like wine. I do. So he's coming over this evening and bringing a bottle of wine. I told him it's just wine and conversation though!

He's 32 years (12 years younger than I am).

Wish me luck! LOL I haven't been on a "date" in about 4 years!
OMG! You best have the time of your life tonight! Good for you!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow how cool is that you cradle robber

Oh I hope you have a really nice time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! "Dating" in your 40's is much different than dating in your 20's. And I'm freaking nervous! haha

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sure you will be fine.

Let us know how it goes! I hope he loves kitty cats.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just get REALLY drunk before he arrives to calm your nerves

I'm really excited for you, I hope you have a fun night - we'll be awaiting an update!!!!!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! "Dating" in your 40's is much different than dating in your 20's. And I'm freaking nervous! haha
Originally Posted by sarahp

Just get REALLY drunk before he arrives to calm your nerves

I'm really excited for you, I hope you have a fun night - we'll be awaiting an update!!!!!

:
Have a good time, naturally.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO!
You GO Girl! Have a GREAT time!

& we want to hear ALL about it tomorrow!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, look at you!
That's just wonderful -- I hope you're having a great time!

But I won't cry for you, Argentina, with your "haven't-been-on-a-date-in-four-years!"
If you count living with someone as "dating," my last date was in 1989. If you don't... my last date was in 1985.

I should just become a nun and get it over with.