Pushing Daisies

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did anyone else watch this last night? I kinda liked it, it's very quirky and off the wall. I think I'll make it a regularly watched program

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

DH and I definitely liked it.
I was laughing so hard when he said "Yes I can, that's how I roll"

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmm, I haven't heard of it
it's the one where he touches people or things after they've died and they come back to life and tell him how they died
Originally Posted by babyharley

I missed it last night
I'll have to try & watch it online
it was cute, I'm pretty sure they'll have it online

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tivoed it but I havent seen it yet. It looks like from the previews that its going to be a really good show. I need to watch it sometime tonight.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this show was adorable!!! I'm DH and I really enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the show Reaper on the CW... it's darker comedy. Hubby could have split his pants he was laughing so hard!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I tivoed it but I havent seen it yet. It looks like from the previews that its going to be a really good show. I need to watch it sometime tonight.
Ok I just watched it. I really like it! It will definitely be something I will keep watching

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't catch it, but I meant to. Maybe I'll download. I LOVE Kristin Chenoweth, she is awesome. I mean, she literally inspires awe in me. Anyone wants to be stunned, check out her singing 14G on youtube. She's fabulous.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
******SPOILER ALERT************

I think the device of two lovers who can't touch each other is certainly unique. I don't remember seeing that ever used before. It's certainly a different and quirky show. I liked it, but I don't know that I liked it enough to watch every week. It's certainly going to be a challenge for the writers to continue coming up with this level of quirkiness every week.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More Spoliers Alert

The lover part is going to be complicated but the rest will just be about solving mysteries that shouldnt be too hard to come up with story lines, I would think.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I liked it, but I don't know that I liked it enough to watch every week. It's certainly going to be a challenge for the writers to continue coming up with this level of quirkiness every week.
I liked it as well but just didn't love it enough to know whether I would watch it again.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think people get jaded by extreme quirkiness every week, and if that's all the show has to offer, then people are going to get bored. The first week's plot lines were pretty weak, but that didn't matter because the show was so different it was just that strangeness that held the viewers. But they're going to have to come up with some good plots and character development to hold viewers from week to week.

It reminds me a little bit of 3rd Rock from the Sun, which started out really off the wall like Daisies, but they had some decent writing, along with story lines and character development, and so the show morphed into a pretty standard sitcom, albeit with a quirky premise, held the audience and turned into a hit. It was the stories and the outlandishly excellent acting, not the quirky premise, that was responsible.