The further adventures of 8-Bit and the Drinkwell...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought a Drinkwell water fountain over the weekend, and so far 8-Bit has done everything possible to break it.

He keeps putting toys in it causing it to clog and run water all over the floor. He guards it with a very suspicious manner, and he has tried to pry off the top of it to get inside to see how it works.

I hope he gets used to it soon... I really like the thing.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you absolutely sure that 8-Bit is really a cat? I'm beginning to have my doubts. I think he's some kind of alien hybrid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Are you absolutely sure that 8-Bit is really a cat? I'm beginning to have my doubts. I think he's some kind of alien hybrid.
You and me both... I don't think he's a cat at all. I think he's part human child and part alien.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sampson broke my our drinking fountain we bought a year ago. We had for almost a month. He like to sit on the circle thing at the top and one day it snapped off.

I might have to try the Drinkwell. Knowing Sampson he will probably try to stick his paw in the hole where the water comes out!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm begining to think 8-bit is part racoon. they are quite michanically inclined. I have one that takes the pond fountain apart so as to not disturb the goldfish while he stalks and eats them.

Maybe bit thinks there are critters living in the fountain!?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, he must have seen the photo I posted up of Radar dunking Nate's cap in the Drinkwell

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Radar broke his 2 days after we got it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Oh no, he must have seen the photo I posted up of Radar dunking Nate's cap in the Drinkwell

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, Radar broke his 2 days after we got it
OMG! How funny! I just love Radar.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll just be glad I've only found Raven's beloved crusty purple puffball in our Drinkwell.
I'm pretty sure Stimpy thinks the fountain might bite him. Nabu isn't afraid of it, but I think he likes the Petmate fountain better (ours died 3 yrs ago).

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit sounds like my Jordan. He broke their Pet mate fountain, but fliping it upside down multiple time. So I bought the Cat It, the only thing he's managed to break on that one is the handle. He knocked the garbage can over onto it one too many times. One morning I woke up to the entire contents of the 100 CC water dome pumped out onto the floor. Some how he managed to knock the lid off the can and it landed just right on the dome. He used to knock the top off the Pet mate, pull the filter out & drink out of the area that the filter sits in. Ahh the joys of a smart cat.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Sassy used to reach in with both paws and scoops all the water out onto the floor -- so I got a bunch of those large, flattened glass marbles (big enough that the kitties can't possibly swallow them) and put them in the bottom of the fountain, and that deterred her! It might also help keep soft toys from getting drawn in against the intake hole...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

We bought a Drinkwell water fountain over the weekend, and so far 8-Bit has done everything possible to break it.

He keeps putting toys in it causing it to clog and run water all over the floor. He guards it with a very suspicious manner, and he has tried to pry off the top of it to get inside to see how it works.

I hope he gets used to it soon... I really like the thing.
lol mine do the same, throw toys in it,, then bring them to bed

its fun to wake up with wet kitty toys on top of you,,

Also heyu will take the top off and pull out the filter, so i duct taped it shut.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth, I've had really good luck with the Petmate version of the water cooler. They love the waterfall effect!