Wellness Feeders Poll/Question

kittys mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I'm trying to decide if I'm feeding my cats enough food. If you feed Wellness canned (no dry), how many ounces do you feed, per cat, per day?

I think they may be acting like they are starving...because they're really hungry!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
are you feeding the reg line or grain free varietys???

if the reg line 1/2 to 1 ounce per lb of body wt ... double for kittens up to 6 months

grain free 1/2 to 3/4 ounce per lb I have found.... thou I beleive the labels read the same for wt

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

are you feeding the reg line or grain free varietys???

if the reg line 1/2 to 1 ounce per lb of body wt ... double for kittens up to 6 months

grain free 1/2 to 3/4 ounce per lb I have found.... thou I beleive the labels read the same for wt
Oh wow, I feel kinda stupid. I split wet food evenly between my 5 cats.
They don't weigh the same, what am I thinking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittys mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grain Free...So, My 4 cats:

Three Boys:
9 lbs
12 lbs
14 lbs

Total of 35 lbs of boy cat should be eating ~17.5 ounces a day of Wellness?

Girl:
8 lbs (My elderly girl won't each much canned food...only about an ounce a meal)

So plus Kitty's 2 ounces then ~20 ounces a day. They are only getting 13 ounces a day.

Hmmm...So, they need to eat one 13 ounce can plus 1 5.5 ounce can per day.

They'll like that idea.

Seems like a lot though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh wow, I feel kinda stupid. I split wet food evenly between my 5 cats.
They don't weigh the same, what am I thinking?
NOW no feeling STUPID..

that is a GENERAL ... ie most cans say one can for a 6-8 lb cat per day... well if a 8 lb cat is eating roughly 6 ounces.. 3/4 ounce per lb ... I have yet to figure out the wet and dry as I did approximately 50/50

so if you have five ave( 8-12lbs) cats eating 2 oz to 4 ounces plus 1/2 cup dry per cat ... they would be getting roughly 3/4 to once ounce of food per lb

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

NOW no feeling STUPID..

that is a GENERAL ... ie most cans say one can for a 6-8 lb cat per day... well if a 8 lb cat is eating roughly 6 ounces.. 3/4 ounce per lb ... I have yet to figure out the wet and dry as I did approximately 50/50

so if you have five ave( 8-12lbs) cats eating 2 oz to 4 ounces plus 1/2 cup dry per cat ... they would be getting roughly 3/4 to once ounce of food per lb
Well - that does sound better, thank you! (I've got 3 girls, all between 6 - 8 pounds, and the two boys are about 12 - 13 pounds. With Smudge being only a year and a half and still a growing boy, LOL.)