No No No

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I just went outside to feed my semi-feral cat, she let me touch her under her belly for the first time , she is definately nursing babies, I didn't know she was pregnant, any tips on trying to find them? I could easily catch her and put her in the basement with the babies until they are old enough to find homes, I'll have to find the $85-$105 to get her spayed, My husband is not going to be happy, so far I have spent over $300 on Lucky and I still have to have her spayed.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey... in my area we have low-cost spay/neuter programs; for Tiny I paid only $25, and females run about $35. That was from the humane society.

Where are you located? Maybe somebody on here is from your area and knows more about cheap s/n programs where you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Hey... in my area we have low-cost spay/neuter programs; for Tiny I paid only $25, and females run about $35. That was from the humane society.

Where are you located? Maybe somebody on here is from your area and knows more about cheap s/n programs where you are.
The $85-$105 is the SPCA's idea of low price spay

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I know where babies might be, She has been coming in and out of our neighbour's carport. There is kind of a false roof between the carport and the deck. They hate the feral cats, there was 14 at the beginning to summer there are only two left. do you think i could hear they babies if I listened?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I think I know where babies might be, She has been coming in and out of our neighbour's carport. There is kind of a false roof between the carport and the deck. They hate the feral cats, there was 14 at the beginning to summer there are only two left. do you think i could hear they babies if I listened?
In my experience the kittens are quite until they hear there mom. Can you put mom in a cage then put the cage over there and if she meows you might here them respond to her. It really depends on how old they are. Just watch were she goes a couple of times.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is really hard to see exactly where she's going. I tried to follow her, but she's a smart one. The carport is full of wood. and like I said the neighbours view these cats as pests, If I tell them about the babies they are likely to kill them.

4kittiesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck on finding the kittens..we had 4 litters from the neighborhood ferals this spring.. we managed to catch and rehome all but 2 kittens (found homes for 16!!) My husband crawled under my neighbors house to get one litter. (They hated cats too and were glad for us to get them) We set up a bathroom and tamed the kittens down pretty easily. Can you do a feral cat search for your area?> I know vet care is a bit more in Canada.. but you never know. I found a place in GA that spays ferals for $15-20 .... I just have to trap them.

Good luck!!!

catzrule40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

The $85-$105 is the SPCA's idea of low price spay
Yes this is pretty high, I only paid $130 for David's exam,microchip,booster luekemia shot and his nuetering
I do think it's awesome that youre still going to do this!!!
Donna