Sore nose from too many tissues - help!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i've pretty much gone through a whole box since yesterday. And now the front of my septum and nostrils is red (the outside, not inside) and sore. I NEED to blow my nose. Is there any product i can dab on that won't sting this sensitive part of my face? I got mum to buy me some aloe tissues so i hope to be using those soon. *sighs* any ideas would be appreciated. I haven't had a common cold in a few years, i did have tonsillitis but my nose was fine.

Help meeeeeeee

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would rubbing some aloe on your sore nose help? I never tried it personally. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try vaseline. I am just getting a cold. I have been sneezing and using up all the tissues in the house. Vaseline although not pretty seems to work well.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just keep moisturizer on it now, but would definitely consider buying the tissue with lotion in it if you have to get more.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go out and get yourself a regular black tube of ChapStick and rub it on the sore parts. It will heal up faster.

I've always done that and it really helps.

Throw the ChapStick away when you are done. It can get gross.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also get some Puff's Plus tissues. They have lotion in them.

Every time I get a cold, I have to use those or my nose will get very sore and raw

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have that problem right now myself. I normally use Vaseline.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second the puffs plus (the kleenex with lotion right in it) and you could also try "barrier" cream (sp??) it comes in a pink tube and is usually found in the baby section of the drug store.

I hope you feel better soon!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest daughter goes thru this with every cold she gets!! Try some Desitin!! It's diaper rash ointment and it eases the soreness AND gets rid of the red! You only have to use a teeny bit!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The very best thing is vitamin E, squeezed right out of the capsule! It's so gooey that it completely seals your skin away from the air, which is what makes it hurt, and it doesn't come off easily like creams do. Also, it helps your skin heal more quickly.

And yes, those lotion tissues are great!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use fake vaseline ( made from castor oil....

BEWARE of lotion tissues read the ingrediants

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The very best thing is vitamin E, squeezed right out of the capsule! It's so gooey that it completely seals your skin away from the air, which is what makes it hurt, and it doesn't come off easily like creams do. Also, it helps your skin heal more quickly.

And yes, those lotion tissues are great!
I dont recognise desatin & puff because i'm in Oz
mum bought some kleenex aloe tissues which seem to be better. I tried my facial vitamin e moisturiser yesterday and it just stung. Same with the aloe as well. I have this american brand, Fruit of the Earth, has no colouring in it, still hurts!!

Oh yes drugs are good too. Muchly improved since take decongestants last night. Losenges/cough medicine/lemsip too much to keep track of and wasn't really working. Usually i avoid medicine if i can, even when i have headaches unless they're really bad. Here's hoping for a good nights sleep! It's 9am and i really should be back in bed.

Thanks for all your ideas guys

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has to be pure vitamin E from the capsule... preferably the natural kind, not synthetic...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Go out and get yourself a regular black tube of ChapStick and rub it on the sore parts. It will heal up faster.

I've always done that and it really helps.

Throw the ChapStick away when you are done. It can get gross.
I agree, chapstick has always helped my raw nose. I feel your pain and hope you feel better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Now if only sneezing wouldn't hurt my shoulders each time it happens