Could Someone Please Help An Ignorant Computer "Dummy"?!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got around to setting up an account on Photobucket, but for the life of me, can't figure out how to copy & paste (or whatever it is you're supposed to do!) a pic from there to here!
It took me TWO hours just to upload 20 pics from my computer to Photobucket: I knew it would probably take awhile, but two hours??
I'll be dead and buried before I get a chance to upload all the pics I want on Photobucket!!
I even tried to follow the advice that was given on Photobucket, but it made my head spin!

I'm just not very up-to-date on all this computer technology & terminology: we've only had a computer for about 2 months - I'm used to using my "dummy" WebTV - which is actually a piece of cake compared to using a computer!

Anyways, can anyone help a computer dummy with step-by-step instructions on how to copy & paste pics??!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KittKatt

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To copy and paste:

you will see 4 lines of writing under your pictures - if you don't click on them

go to the one that says IMG Code. Click on it once. It will say 'copied'

Then, in your post, right click, and go down to 'paste'

The IMG Code will appear

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And if you don't want to embed the picture in the post, whether it's because of image limit on here or because the picture is big, you can just click the "Direct Link" option. Little yellow box will pop up and say copied, then you just right click and paste it into your post.

Remember to use the preview option before you submit your post, this way you can see if you got it right.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

To copy and paste:

you will see 4 lines of writing under your pictures - if you don't click on them

The IMG Code will appear
That is exactly what I tried to do yesterday from photobucket to here and even though 1)they were resized to forum size, and 2) I copied the IMG link, they still posted HUGE! I finally got mad and just posted the direct link.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

To copy and paste:

The IMG Code will appear
I followed your instructions exactly as you said to, but it didn't work.
I'm wondering: do I need to right-click the IMG code, instead of a left-click in order for it to be copied?? The "paste" option box shows up, but it's not in bold letters, so it won't let me paste it!

~KK~

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
did you get the little yellow pop up box that says "copied"? if not, then you might want to try highlighting the line and then right-clicking to copy it

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

This one covers uploading & which link to use, you click on the link highlighted (says IMG Code beside it) and it will automatically copy, you just paste it into the text box where you type
I followed these instructions too, but to no avail. I'm getting more confused by the minute! AAARRRGGGHHH!!
I'm starting to get a headache!

I HATE computers!!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

did you get the little yellow pop up box that says "copied"? if not, then you might want to try highlighting the line and then right-clicking to copy it
No, I didn't. I'll give it a shot...

~KK~

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You might try having two 'windows' open, one for TCS and one for photobucket and toggle in-between them, it makes it easier for me.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IT WORKED!!!

Thanks so much, peeps, for all your help!!
I couldn't have done it w/o you!!

The pic, BTW, is of my sweet, precious, adorable 'lil granddaughter, Harmony, whom I love w/ all my heart & soul!
She's 'posing' w/ her nemesis (sp?), who for some odd reason, she absolutely doesn't like! I think she feels "threatened" by the baby-doll b/c it resembles HER, and I believe she's a little jealous, too!
There is a whole series of these pics w/ her & the baby-doll, and they're just hilarious! You can tell just by looking at the expression on Harmony's face exactly what she thinks of her nemesis!

Anyways, thanks again for your help, everyone! I wanted to learn how to post pics, so when I get some more of my cats, I can post them, too. This was a trial run, to see if I could do it!
I know I still have a lot to learn.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHOA!!
I apologize for the size!
I posted it as suggested for a forum format, but for whatever reason it's HUGE!

Well, it's a work in progress. I'll keep working on it!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

You might try having two 'windows' open, one for TCS and one for photobucket and toggle in-between them, it makes it easier for me.
Please forgive my ignorance, but what does having "two windows open" mean??

All this technical computer stuff is new to me!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P.S.

If any of the mods care to shrink the pic down, please feel free to do so!

~KK~

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

IT WORKED!!!

Thanks so much, peeps, for all your help!!
I couldn't have done it w/o you!!

The pic, BTW, is of my sweet, precious, adorable 'lil granddaughter, Harmony, whom I love w/ all my heart & soul!
She's 'posing' w/ her nemesis (sp?), who for some odd reason, she absolutely doesn't like! I think she feels "threatened" by the baby-doll b/c it resembles HER, and I believe she's a little jealous, too!
There is a whole series of these pics w/ her & the baby-doll, and they're just hilarious! You can tell just by looking at the expression on Harmony's face exactly what she thinks of her nemesis!

Anyways, thanks again for your help, everyone! I wanted to learn how to post pics, so when I get some more of my cats, I can post them, too. This was a trial run, to see if I could do it!
I know I still have a lot to learn.

~KK~
Congratz Kittkatt! I was sad to see you were still having problems! But now you've figured it out, I better see LOTS of those pretty kitties!!!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does having "two windows open" mean??

All this technical computer stuff is new to me!

~KK~
Oh...this means, to open the internet and go to TCS as usual, then when you're there, hit the "bar in box" at the top right of your screen (not the 2 boxes, not the 'X', but the bar). This will minimize your TCS screen. Then, hit the internet button again, opening another box w/the internet (oter than the TCS one)...now go to Photobucket.

So now you have 2 internet screens, one with TCS, one with PhotoBucket

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitt, don't feel stupid -- it took me forever to work it out, and I finally had to enlist the help of another member who's a whiz at these things. Inevitably, instructions are written by people who understand the system, and it's sometimes hard for them to see how the uninitiated might read the directions differently. Also, different rules apply for non-paying members than for premium. It really is confusing!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHOA!!
I apologize for the size!
I posted it as suggested for a forum format, but for whatever reason it's HUGE!

Well, it's a work in progress. I'll keep working on it!

~KK~
That is exactly the problem that I had! And yet, other pictures that I have stored in Photobucket transfered over in the right size. I copied the IMG link
( and I did see the yellow copied box) Perhaps it is a problem with Photobucket and not us!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, it occurs to me -- I used to be confused about the two ways of "sizing" an image, and that might be your problem, too. Just in case:

When you save your image, you specify the physical size you want -- 4 inches by 6 inches or whatever. But you also have to specify the resolution you want, as in 72, 150, etc. If you leave it set at anything higher than 72, the system will often "force" the resolution to 72 by making the picture physically larger, if you see what I mean.

So if your pictures are coming out too big, you might check what resolution you saved them at.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think photobucket only gives the choice to resize in pixels

That is why I like flickr so much, not blocked at work, resizes everything automatically and you can click through all sizes for 5 different sizes.

If only it didn't increase the file size of signatures