TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Could Someone Please Help An Ignorant Computer "Dummy"?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Could Someone Please Help An Ignorant Computer "Dummy"?! - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
You did resize it (I saw it in the 1st page of the thread). Try icklemiss21's suggestion about logging out and back into Photobucket.
HUH??

I just took a peek to double-check, and the size still looks the same to me!

~KK~
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
HUH??

I just took a peek to double-check, and the size still looks the same to me!

~KK~
What browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Firefox)?

And find out what version by selecting from the main menu, Help, About Internet Explorer.
post #33 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
What browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Firefox)?

And find out what version by selecting from the main menu, Help, About Internet Explorer.
It's Internet Explorer, and the version is a long series of numbers that starts w/ a 6.0.2900

And I just logged on & off from Photobucket, but the size still appears the same to me.

~KK~
post #34 of 47
Let's try clearing your cache.

From the Main menu, select Tools, Internet Options

On the General Options tab, there is a button about half-way down in the Temporary Internet Files section with the label "Delete Files". Click on this button.

Check the Delete all offline content check box and click on "OK".

Go back to Photobucket and see how it looks. If you are still having problems, copy the link here and I can take a look at it.
post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Let's try clearing your cache.

From the Main menu, select Tools, Internet Options

On the General Options tab, there is a button about half-way down in the Temporary Internet Files section with the label "Delete Files". Click on this button.

Check the Delete all offline content check box and click on "OK".

Go back to Photobucket and see how it looks. If you are still having problems, copy the link here and I can take a look at it.
If I delete my files, won't I lose all my "saved" links to my favorite websites??

Please forgive an ignorant computer dummy! All this is foreign to me!

~KK~
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
If I delete my files, won't I lose all my "saved" links to my favorite websites??

Please forgive an ignorant computer dummy! All this is foreign to me!

~KK~
The Delete Files button won't do that. It just gets rid of files that the browser caches for quick retrieval. It won't affect your History or Bookmarks.
post #37 of 47
Your computer has just saved the images etc for the page to make it load quicker - that is what you are seeing
post #38 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Let's try clearing your cache.

From the Main menu, select Tools, Internet Options

On the General Options tab, there is a button about half-way down in the Temporary Internet Files section with the label "Delete Files". Click on this button.

Check the Delete all offline content check box and click on "OK".

Go back to Photobucket and see how it looks. If you are still having problems, copy the link here and I can take a look at it.
Okay - I did what you suggested, but it sure took a long time (about 15 minutes). I don't know if that's normal or not. Then I went into Photobucket and reset the size again to message board format, but I couldn't reset it again for the pic, b/c now it's only giving me three options to choose from. I have no idea why: it let me do it before. Everything is also running real slooooow now, too.

~KK~
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
Okay - I did what you suggested, but it sure took a long time (about 15 minutes). I don't know if that's normal or not. Then I went into Photobucket and reset the size again to message board format, but I couldn't reset it again for the pic, b/c now it's only giving me three options to choose from. I have no idea why: it let me do it before. Everything is also running real slooooow now, too.

~KK~
The reason why you only have three options is because it is at the Message Forum size.

Your browser may be slow because it is building up its cache again so it is downloading pictures.
post #40 of 47
If it took 15 minutes it is probably because it was really full and had a lot to delete, which if you didn't know how to do it, is probable so nothing to worry about there.
post #41 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
If it took 15 minutes it is probably because it was really full and had a lot to delete, which if you didn't know how to do it, is probable so nothing to worry about there.
I suppose you're right: I didn't know about any of this technical stuff, and am just learning! I'm assuming that this is something I'll need to do on a regular basis.

I apologize for not responding sooner: I haven't logged on to TCS since my last visit. Thanks again for everyone's help!

~KK~
post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
The reason why you only have three options is because it is at the Message Forum size.

Your browser may be slow because it is building up its cache again so it is downloading pictures.
Gottcha! Thanks!!

~KK~
post #43 of 47
i'm having trouble resizing from photobucket too....... just gonna post a photo here to see if it works......

post #44 of 47
oh bloody 'ell, it didn't!!!!
post #45 of 47
I see it

How small do you want it?
post #46 of 47
It worked fine. You may need to refresh the page as the larger one was cached on your machine. I'm seeing it as 320 x 240.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudora View Post
i'm having trouble resizing from photobucket too....... just gonna post a photo here to see if it works......

post #47 of 47
Thread Starter 
Your pic looks okay to me, and not at all like the gigantic pic that I posted..

~KK~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Could Someone Please Help An Ignorant Computer "Dummy"?!