Have You Turned Your Heater On Yet?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to turn the heater on all summer, but as a matter of principle (being a Texan) I couldn't do it even though we spent most days in the 50's (12 Celsius) here by the ocean. Brrr....

I broke down a week ago and turned it on, even though it's only slightly colder now. The house gets this bone-chill, you know?

When did you turn your heater on, or when to you plan to?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our little electric heater on in the bedroom a few nights last week when it was down in the 40s at night, but we haven't needed it at all this week.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Paulena

Heat, what are you talking about?? I am still using the air conditioning here!!

It's still in the 80's & 90's here (Texas), but it's supposed to "cool off" next week - although I doubt we'll need the heaters yet!

But I can certainly sympathize w/ you: I'm from Wisconsin, and the heaters are on THERE about 7-8 months of the year!

~KK~

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
but I think I turned on the heater Sunday. We are having rain and cold, so I turn it on just to break the chill.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At this point I don't know if it will ever be turned on, living in FL the heat doesn't get used to much.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha...not for a loooooong time. It's still in the 80s and 90s here. Some time mid November we will get some hard freezes and stop turing the AC on. Not until about December will we begin to put the heat on...as long as the inside of the house keeps about 75 F all year long.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted to turn ours on for the last couple weeks, but the landlord is just turning on the heat today.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had our gas fireplace on a couple of times just to take the chill out of the air, but I'm still holding off on the main house heat.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My goodness - where in Canada do you folks live? I live in the Toronto area and we've had our windows open every night. It's still quite warm here.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No heater here for AWHILE! Its still in the 70s here- but maybe when it gets down into the 20s well turn it on

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I wanted to turn the heater on all summer, but as a matter of principle (being a Texan) I couldn't do it even though we spent most days in the 50's (12 Celsius) here by the ocean. Brrr....

I broke down a week ago and turned it on, even though it's only slightly colder now. The house gets this bone-chill, you know?

When did you turn your heater on, or when to you plan to?
Oh your serious?? No, we have not. I wish we needed to though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
were dipping into the low 40 or 30s at night so ya it is on

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We normally don't have to turn on the heater until January or February. Even then it's only enough to take the chill out of the air.

Today it's 86 degrees outside and A/C is a blowing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

but I think I turned on the heater Sunday. We are having rain and cold, so I turn it on just to break the chill.
Ah, you are right, it's the rain that adds the damp chill. And you are nearby, so we are having the same weather!

Originally Posted by Jarvis

Haha...not for a loooooong time.
In Texas, we used to turn the a.c. up so we could light a fire in the fireplace on Christmas Eve.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

My goodness - where in Canada do you folks live? I live in the Toronto area and we've had our windows open every night. It's still quite warm here.
It's particularly cold (and now rainy and damp) where we are because there is always a chilly breeze from the ocean. I remember three days this past summer that we didn't need jackets during the day (at our house). It gets a lot warmer in downtown Victoria, just a few blocks away.

Brrrrr....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I finally broke down and turned mine on a few days ago.
More so because of the dampness then the cold. I find the myold joints bother me to much when it is cool and rainy and having the heat on just a bit takes care of it.