Introducing "BUR-babies"!

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Just signed up and so glad that there is a forum where you can find a wealth of info, and also meet wonderful felines and their owners! I am from Hawaii, and have recently adopted two wonderful kittens. I have not gotten them yet as they are still in New Zealand awaiting their long journey here. I have adopted a beautiful blue burmese boy, and a gorgeous black-tipped silver burmilla. They are from two different breeders and I have never owned a pure-bred cat in my life, or even two at one time for that matter! My last cat of 14 years was a moggy and passed away this April 1st, 2007. I chose a burmese and burmilla because of their wonderful temperaments and loving nature; something my last cat never showed me. My main concern however is if they will get along. These breeds of cats are known to be very tolerant of other animals, and being that they are both still kittens at 4 months old when I receive them, I am praying that they will be the best of friends. I hope to find here a wealth of knowledge so that I can be the best owner to these magnificent kittens. If you own a burmese or burmilla, I would love it if you would PM me so I can chat with you more about their specific needs. I will try my best to read up on the topics here before posting new ones, thus limiting the chances of repeat-questions. I will also post pictures when they arrive. My burmese, Shiloh (SHY-low) is arriving next week Thursday, and my burmilla, Nikko (KNEE-koh) will arrive the middle of November. Thanks everyone, and glad to be a part of this great forum!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site! Happy you can join us here

Hope everything goes well with your new kitties!
We can't wait to see photos of your new additions!

We named one of our kittens Shilo too, without the H but the same name

Best Wishes to you! Enjoy the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS!
So glad you've joined us!
We are a wonderful community of cat lovers.
I truly hope you enjoy your time here with us!
Pictures please, when your sweetie pie's arrive.

As you learn your way around our site,
if you have questions, I would be happy to help you.
Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name,
then send me a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

[/b]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your wonderful replies. I am so glad to have found this site. You don't know how hard it is for me to "NOT" be able to talk to my co-workers about my new babies because none of them are cat lovers, and they already think I'm crazy for spending such a fortune on my kitten and the flying expenses (they don't even know I adopted 2 kittens... who knows what' they'll think of me then!). So it's a relief to be able to relax and conversate with other cat enthusiasts. I really do appreciate each and everyone here for their support. Pictures to come soon... I promise!!!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of useful info from the stickys at the top of each forum. There's one on intro-ing new cats, in behaviour Have a behavior problem Look here 1st, -introducing a new cat to resident cat. Even though your getting them almost together, you may strike a problem bc 1st kitty will have enough time to set up his territory.

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kalikat for your advice. I will definitely read up on it. I just called my local cat clinic here in Hawaii to schedule a check-up for my burmese boy. He's coming so soon, and I can hardly wait! So much to do, and so little time... hee hee.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I bet you can't wait for your two babies to arrive from New Zealand.

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks flisssweetpea. My, you have a lot of posts and points on you! Yes, I cannot wait for my kittens to arrive. My burmese boy is arriving next week already! The breeder says that he is an absolute doll, and that he's going to want many hugs and kisses! That is not going to be a problem for me! I'll take on that challenge any day! I'll post pictures when he arrives.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shilo sounds like a complete lover...do you know what Nikko is like yet?

Ahh, I can't wait for picture! My fingers are corssed for a fast and safe delivery!

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Cocoalily. Yes, from what I've been told, Shiloh is going to be a very affectionate, and playful little kitty. The breeder says that he has a small "naughty" streak, so I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. But Shiloh also wants lots of hugs and kisses, which is no problem for me! As far as Nikko, I don't honestly know much about his temperament. The breeder told me that the mum is very sweet and cuddly, and likes belly rubs, and that Nikko is showing the same signs.

I've never had a cat before that shows affection; not even in the least! So this is definitely going to be a change for me to own "in your face" types of cats.

I hope too that both kitties have a safe flight here. I wish I could fly them together to lessen the trauma of air travel. But they are 14 & 15 months when they fly, so I'm hoping the extra few weeks will make them stronger, healthier, and more prepared.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by burbabies

Thanks Cocoalily. Yes, from what I've been told, Shiloh is going to be a very affectionate, and playful little kitty. The breeder says that he has a small "naughty" streak, so I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. But Shiloh also wants lots of hugs and kisses, which is no problem for me! As far as Nikko, I don't honestly know much about his temperament. The breeder told me that the mum is very sweet and cuddly, and likes belly rubs, and that Nikko is showing the same signs.

I've never had a cat before that shows affection; not even in the least! So this is definitely going to be a change for me to own "in your face" types of cats.

I hope too that both kitties have a safe flight here. I wish I could fly them together to lessen the trauma of air travel. But they are 14 & 15 months when they fly, so I'm hoping the extra few weeks will make them stronger, healthier, and more prepared.
A naughty streak, huh? Trust me, he won't grow out of it!!!
Celestialrags told me Cosmo was "the ringleader" and "troublemaker" of the litter - and guess what, he still is!! But then I wouldn't want him any other way, since he keeps me laughing all the time!
Can't wait to see photos of your new babies! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

burbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL Oh no! What have I gotten myself into!
I know for a fact that Shiloh wasn't the ringleader of his litter of 8. But I was told that Shiloh and the ringleader were very close, and got into a lot of mischief together
I'm sure my burmilla isn't going to be "as" naughty as my burmese. Boy I hope I can keep up!