Question of the Day - October 2nd

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Katie must still not be feeling well today and I think she passed the cold along to me, so today's question wil be based on that.

Do you have any "comfort" things that make you feel better when you are sick? chicken soup, a certain blanket, etc?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have snuggles with Puskin.

And if he's in a grumpy mood, big fluffy socks and my snuggly cashmere sweater will do the trick instead.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken noodle soup & saltine crackers... and cuddling in my comforter with Bayley - he's my cuddler!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still getting over a cold myself
But whenever i'm sick like that i hate fuss, so all i want to do is get my blankie, adopt a position on the sofa with plenty of fluids by my side, the remote for the t.v. and the babies on my lap, with peace and quiet, and i had all three of them on me at the weekend, bliss!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken soup for a cold, and
Bella's
stuffed kitty Cannoli and her Blanket too
But I cuddle with them everynight whether I'm sick or not

Katie I hope you feel better soon

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually just some peace and quiet but with three boys...that doen't happen.
So something that I love is having some lemon tea. You fill a cup with hot water, put in lemon juice to taste and some honey to taste. It feels SOOO good. I also like to soak in a nice warm bubble bath.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A bowl of nice hot chicken noodle soup and Frisco of course!

And when I have a sore throat I find hot chocolate helps.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever we get sick - its all about being cozy
Get everything you need all ready to go & just lay/relax the rest of the day & hope the sickness goes away!

A big bowl of chicken noodle soup soothes nicely...and being snuggly with our fuzzies helps too, they make you smile when you aren't feeling good

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just laying down with my electric blanket on and my big Yowdy siamese cuddled up with his head on my pillow purring makes me feel so much better.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chamomile Tea. The heat from it helps keep my sinuses drained (I know gross), but that's the one place I get hit everytime I get sick: stuff sinuses to the point I can't breathe.

However if I start to feel ill, my body will begin to crave orange juice. It's really funny that way and most times I drink it until I'm no longer craving it and I don't get sick

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat!!!!
If I EVER feel bad, she is there for me.
Also, music. There are some bands that just make me feel great no matter what's wrong

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bananas
they never fail to make me feel better!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It always used to be Grandma's chicken soup. She used to make a pot a week. But it's been years since I had any between moving out of state in my early teens and now that she's not in top health. My Aunt makes it and I'm sure it's just as good, but I've not had hers.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I pick of Sundance and have a nice long snuggle with my baby boy. Hes so soft and squishy. He always makes me feel better.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely laying down with a bunch of pillows and blankets, remote control, a bunch if kitty cats, hot tea and possibly some soup.

Sending feel good vibes to you Katie

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yup, still feeling yucky, was going to go into work today but decided against it.

and now I know who I got it from- Susan!!

I like to sleep, sleep, sleep. Both Sunday night into Monday and Monday night into Tuesday I slept about 13 to 14 hours