TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Vibes Please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Vibes Please...

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Well my fiance just went to the hospital... He was in A LOT of pain, chest pain and trouble breathing... It hurt so much he was crying and couldn't move, and he is a tough guy! I'm really worried about him.. He didn't want to go to the hospital, I pretty much forced him into it... He doesn't remember doing anything to hurt his ribs and I don't think it's heart related because it's on his right side... This is the worst pain he's ever been in. Any idea of what it could be??? I'm so worried and feel so helpless.
post #2 of 29
Oh goodness, I am so sorry! Hang in there okay?

My brother once had to go to the ER for a partially collapsed lung. It felt very painful, like broken ribs. He had something called Pleurisy, I believe, and thats what caused it.

The symptoms are these:

* Chest pain
* Mild chest pain
* Severe chest pain
* Chest pain on movement
* Chest pain on breathing

It's a swelling of the membrane that falls between the lungs and the ribs. For my brother, they just treated him over night and he was fine. He's never had another problem since then.

I'm saying a prayer for your fiance! Both of you take care, alright? Let us know what the doctor finds out!
post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntingfire View Post
Oh goodness, I am so sorry! Hang in there okay?

My brother once had to go to the ER for a partially collapsed lung. It felt very painful, like broken ribs. He had something called Pleurisy, I believe, and thats what caused it.

The symptoms are these:

* Chest pain
* Mild chest pain
* Severe chest pain
* Chest pain on movement
* Chest pain on breathing

It's a swelling of the membrane that falls between the lungs and the ribs. For my brother, they just treated him over night and he was fine. He's never had another problem since then.

I'm saying a prayer for your fiance! Both of you take care, alright? Let us know what the doctor finds out!

Thank you... He told me he felt like his rib cage was tightening and he also mentioned it felt like a fracture, but he didn't do anything to fracture it/them. and he said it was painful to inhale, not to exhale. I gave him my cell, I hope he gives me a call.. I have a feeling he'll be there a while.
post #4 of 29
I hope he's ok.
post #5 of 29
He may not be able to use the phone too especially in the hospital as you have to turn them off around certain machines. You may be able to call the hospital if they end up admitting him, otherwise you may not hear from him until he's actually done. So don't go getting all extra worried if you don't hear from him right away! for him though! and you too!
post #6 of 29
From what I can remember Pleurisy really does make you feel like you are having difficulty breathing. The pain really can be intense! For my brother they punctured his side and the space in his chest cavity to relieve the pressure on his lungs....He recovered quickly, thankfully.

Hang in there! Hopefully he'll give you a call and let you know whats up. I'm crossing my fingers that it's something simple and treatable.
post #7 of 29
I hope he's okay and you hear from him soon
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the comfort everyone. I think you're right about the cell phone.. I tried calling and it said the customer was unavailable at this time. I hope I hear from him soon though. I have to get up early tomorrow, I won't be getting much sleep if I don't hear from him.
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntingfire View Post
From what I can remember Pleurisy really does make you feel like you are having difficulty breathing. The pain really can be intense! For my brother they punctured his side and the space in his chest cavity to relieve the pressure on his lungs....He recovered quickly, thankfully.

Hang in there! Hopefully he'll give you a call and let you know whats up. I'm crossing my fingers that it's something simple and treatable.
I had pleurisy the day we were to go on our honeymoon, oowwwwww I had trouble breathing and a great deal of pain. I hope he's alright
post #10 of 29
If I'm remembering correctly, you're in your late teens or twenties, so I'm going to assume your fiance is the same. I'm going to say that, given his symptoms and age that he has a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung). It is surprisingly common in men his age.

http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35772

That is merely a guess...please don't take that as fact.
post #11 of 29
I hope he is okay - are you going to go to the hospital to check up on him? Sending lots of vibes
post #12 of 29


Oh my!! I hope you hear something soon!! Please let us know what is going on!!
post #13 of 29
Thinking good thoughts for him!
post #14 of 29


Good vibes and prayers for him...I hope everything turns out alright! Keep us updated!
post #15 of 29
Lots of vibes heading his way. I hope he is okay.
post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 
I would have went with him if I didn't have to go to college in the morning... I'm in class right now. He called last night around 12am. They don't know what's causing it yet, it could be a number of things. They took an x-ray and it's not a collapsed lung. I hope it's nothing serious.

Sweet little Frisco knows something is wrong and was comforting me all night.

Thanks for the thoughts and vibes everyone! I'm glad I have you all to talk to, I was all alone last night.
post #17 of 29
I pray he is ok.
post #18 of 29

We hope he gets better soon & that everything is okay with him!
We pray that it isn't anything serious
Keep updating all of us on how everything with him is going...
post #19 of 29
Thread Starter 
I've just received an update!

They think he may have a stone in his gall bladder, so he's booking an appointment for an ultra sound. The doctor gave him pills to ease the pain, he feels a little better now.

If he does have one and needs surgery I hope all goes well... The doctors in my area aren't very good - I know it sounds mean to say, but it's true. I am not going to say names, but the first doctor that he went to told him to go home and sleep it off and didn't give him any painkillers... He was also the same doctor who sent a girl home with a broken vertebrae. My aunt recently had stones in her gall bladder and she had to get the surgery and they left some stones in one of her tubes! She was so sick she almost DIED! She had to get the surgery re-done. She is ok now... I could go on and on, but I don't want to go off topic.
post #20 of 29
Oh that is deffinately something painful. Both my bosses I had at my last job had them. The first boss was one tough lady, and I mean rough around the edges and you would not want to mess with her (but she was the best boss ever!). She was pale as a sheet and practically doubled over when we finally got her to go to the ER. She ended up having surgery too. My last boss there actually had to have the surgery while pregnant. I think she had to wait like a month to get to however many weeks they wanted her to be before doing surgery. They made her eat a special diet, meaning no high fat foods and some other things, and that really relieved her symptoms, but not enough to not have surgery.

I'll pray things get under control and settled really quickly and smoothly for him.
post #21 of 29
many prayers and vibes on the way.
post #22 of 29
I had to have my gall bladder removed years ago due to having gallstones, but I never had any chest pains or any difficulty breathing. When the pain would flair up, it was in the area of the kidneys, and after I would eat anything, I would throw up. Maybe it's different for others - I don't know. I'm certainly not an expert.

My ex husband once had pleurisy, and the symptoms you're describing sound the same. His brother once had a collapsed lung, and his symptoms were also similar. It could be any number of things...

I hope you find a competant doctor, who can pinpoint what's wrong w/ your b/f, and get the proper medical treatment.

Blessings & good vibes are being sent your way!

KittKatt
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
I had to have my gall bladder removed years ago due to having gallstones, but I never had any chest pains or any difficulty breathing. When the pain would flair up, it was in the area of the kidneys, and after I would eat anything, I would throw up. Maybe it's different for others - I don't know. I'm certainly not an expert.

My ex husband once had pleurisy, and the symptoms you're describing sound the same. His brother once had a collapsed lung, and his symptoms were also similar. It could be any number of things...

I hope you find a competant doctor, who can pinpoint what's wrong w/ your b/f, and get the proper medical treatment.

Blessings & good vibes are being sent your way!

KittKatt
I also had my gallblader out, when I was twenty, it didn't hurt in my chest or have trouble breathing, just a lot of pain and vomitting
post #24 of 29
I am sending vibes your way.
post #25 of 29
Sending lots of vibes your way! Hope they help
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisk View Post
Well my fiance just went to the hospital... He was in A LOT of pain, chest pain and trouble breathing... It hurt so much he was crying and couldn't move, and he is a tough guy! I'm really worried about him.. He didn't want to go to the hospital, I pretty much forced him into it... He doesn't remember doing anything to hurt his ribs and I don't think it's heart related because it's on his right side... This is the worst pain he's ever been in. Any idea of what it could be??? I'm so worried and feel so helpless.

It sounds like possible pneumonia and pleurisy. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital a few years ago with those symptoms. Ialso had a collapsed lung, fluid around my lung and a possible blood clot in my lung, but my initial diagnosis the day before admission was left lower lobe pneumonia and pleurisy. Very painful!

I hope he feels better soon.
post #27 of 29
and coming your way for both of you.

Hope all goes well and he better and home with you soon
post #28 of 29
Many coming your way. I hope it's nothing too serious, but at least (I'm guessing) they checked out his heart and that's ok.

I know what you mean about bad medical attention. Nothing against anyone working in the medical field, but around here it is bad too. I have horror stories...for example, one girl went to the ER to have her broken leg set, but there wasn't an orthopedic doctor on call, so she was sent home and told to come back the next day. I know most of it isn't the doctor's fault...in the US it is the HMO's. I know there are a TON of hospital and nursing home staff that try to do everything they can, but for the most part their hands are tied because of HMO/insurance companies.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know what is going on with your fiance.
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone, I'll definatly let you know how he is and what's causing it when we find out.
He can tolerate the pain now, he takes 8 pills a day and is going to work this morning.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Vibes Please...