Cat Fancy magazine

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this magazine called Cat Fancy. The issue I found seems to be quite interesting. I'm thinking of subscribing to it. Does anyone here have a subscription? What do you think of it?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have it. i like reading the articles that give tips and i like reading the classifieds. The breed profiles are kind of neat. There is some stuff in them that I just skim over though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get it, too and really enjoy it. We actually have a member who has written several articles in there, too. (Mary Anne)

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i forgot to say that I'm a CAT-HYPOCHONDRIAC and sometimes reading that magazine is not good for me.

if there's an article about a disease. Our cats now have it. and if they don't have it. I'll find a way for them to get it.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I just found this magazine called Cat Fancy. The issue I found seems to be quite interesting. I'm thinking of subscribing to it. Does anyone here have a subscription? What do you think of it?
I got a subscription for my birthday in January. It's okay. I wish they'd feature more mixed breeds as their lead stories rather than just focus on purebreed cats. I find maybe one article per month that interests me and I'm glance at pictures.... Does that help??

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

oh, i forgot to say that I'm a CAT-HYPOCHONDRIAC and sometimes reading that magazine is not good for me.

if there's an article about a disease. Our cats now have it. and if they don't have it. I'll find a way for them to get it.
Oh, I hear THAT!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Cat Fancy. I've had subscriptions to it in the past. But now, there's not a lot in there that is "new" to me... if I see it in line (like at Petco/Petsmart), I'll speed read to find out what "cat of the month" is

Will probably keep an eye out for the month that they feature the Ocicat and pick that one only.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been getting Cat Fancy for about a year and half. I like reading it! I think they could do without so many breeder advertisements, but eh. The rest is good! My favorite part each month is the rescue story.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I currently subscribe to it, but I'm letting my sub run out- I subscribe to way to many magazines. Last month they actually had a feature on feline infectious diseases
they have interesting articles but sometimes, at least I think, they give not so good advice. I do greatly enjoy reading the articles on the cat beeds

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

I wish they'd feature more mixed breeds as their lead stories rather than just focus on purebreed cats.
The term "cat fancy" is used to describe breeding/showing of pedigree cats, so it makes sense that the magazine is focused on breeds.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been subscribed to Cat Fancy for years. I will continue to subscribe. I like it but I do agree most the articles are not new to me. But I do enjoy it.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually like to joke that the centerfold pictures of the featured breed is 'my kind of centerfold'

I just wish they encouraged fiction writers more... their story submissions are insane... for fiction, a max. of 600 words (that's like two paragraphs for me)... and you get nothing but a copy of the issue you're printed in as payment. I have a great little story involving cats, but it's currently over 10 pages long... not gonna happen in Cat Fancy...

But it is a nice magazine...

Amanda

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to subscribe to Cat Fancy, back when times were better and I had the money. (I'm currently not working, due to a deteriorating spinal condition, and am in the process of trying to get disability benefits). Anyways, i just love that magazine,
and also another cat magazine I used to get, which I can't recall the name of.

KittKatt

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of the magazine before, but never actually read it or subscribed to it. I'll have to check it out. I think they carry copies of it at the petstore.