OMG Something really creepy just happened

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm totally freaked out right now. At 11:30 Ari started screaming in her crib. Her scream was like nothing I had ever heard before from her or any baby for that matter. She sounded terrified. So I get up and start to go in there and I here a couple of crashing noises and then the sound of glass breaking. I started running and when I got to her room and opened the door I see her mirror was broken all over the floor and her lightbulbs had exploded.

So I ran in got her and Im currently in Joe's apartment he went up and got all the cats for me and Im terrified to go back. None of the cats were in her room and I have no idea what happened but Im not going back in there. Im so glad Im moving this weekend. I'm really freaked out.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really, really strange. Have you ever had weird/creepy things happen in there before? Good luck and thank goodness no one was hurt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

That is really, really strange. Have you ever had weird/creepy things happen in there before? Good luck and thank goodness no one was hurt!
Not really. Ive heard a baby cry but it stopped as soon as Ari was born and I thought I was just crazy.

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

that is really creepy
is your baby alright?
Ari is fine now. She's cuddling with Joe. She screamed at the top of her lungs for around 45 minutes and just finally settled down completely. Im really freaked out. I dont even want to be in Joe's apartment.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was most likely something you didn't feel. Watch the news. It might have been a low intensity earthquake or explosion somewhere. Children are more sensitive, just like animals. Were the cats reacting?

If you still feel weird, ask your priest/minister/rabbi to bless the apartment!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, so you're moving right? If it is an entity, perhaps it doesn't want you to leave?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... either there was a bizarre vibration of some kind (sonic boom? earthquake? construction nearby?) that resonated just right with both the mirror and the lightbulbs... or yes, I hate to say it, but maybe this was the phenomenon often referred to (whatever its true origin) as a poltergeist.

I would keep your daughter in your room until you move!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bulbs in the kitchen light in our old house would sometimes explode when they burned out. It didn't happen every time, but the first time really freaked me out! DH explained it sometimes happens if there is a weak spot in the glass, and we were using old lightbulbs we found in my parents house, so I have NO idea how old they were. Maybe one exploded and a piece hit part of the mirror and found a weak spot there...but, the light would have had to have been on for one to explode because of that. Just a thought to keep you from freaking out more than you already are.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe the vibration was really really scary for Ari and the bulbs were getting ready to go anyway - and the vibration just made them weaker. Probably the same thing with the mirror.

but all in all. i'd not go back - as dh would say ...that )@(#*&$)(#@*&$)(*#& freaky!

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eeek! I got goosebumps reading that. Sounds like it could have been an earthquake or...ghosts.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK I checked the USGS website and it looks like there was an earthquake in extreme western Tennessee tonight and another sometime yesterday, but not at the right time.

(You are in TN right?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

OK I checked the USGS website and it looks like there was an earthquake in extreme western Tennessee tonight and another sometime yesterday, but not at the right time.

(You are in TN right?)
No Im in Arkansas. The only reaction I saw from any of them cats was Calamity and she was laying in the hall way leading to The bathroom and Ari's room. She jumped and ran. But that could easily have been because of Ari crying. Im still at Joe's and hes been trying to calm me down. But this really freaked me out. I told him I wasnt going to sleep at all tonight. I left for awhile and I cant bring myself to go back home.

If there had been something that shoock that whole room Joe would have felt it because he lives in the apartment right under me and he was in his room (which is right under Ari's) at the timeon his computer and he said he didnt feel anything and his lights didnt do anything. I think Im just going to get rid of all the stuff thats still upstairs. I would be to scared.

Shoot for someone who never believed in Ghost and things like that this is really freaking me out. My parents didnt allow me to watch or listen about anything ghost related so whats a poltergeist.