sukkot party

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
here is the table before we demolished it by actually eating. I love decorating for a party. dinner was butternt squash soup, leek and olive tart and spinach salad. we had a croquembouche for desert ( a tower of creampuffs decorated with caramelized sugar)

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very nice. I've always wanted to do that but I don't think our $10 table from craigs list would clean up that well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

Very nice. I've always wanted to do that but I don't think our $10 table from craigs list would clean up that well
a table cloth and some leaves and fruit from the store will do it, even if you usue paper plates.

Call me Martha Stewart LOL

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

ooooh It is so beautiful I wish I could make my table look that pretty
the trick is to have different decorations for different season in plastic boxes storoed away. I just dragged out the fall basket and it contained things amassed over the years like fake pumpkins and fruit and leaf garlands. and those dishes may look like fine china but they are the Pier One specialty. I confess I got the silver from my mother and I have a ton of it.... even ice cream forks and pickle forks. She was a belle who moved north but never gave up the rules of setting tables of personalized stationary. Her's was always Blue initials on blue and mine is Green on Ivory.

we all become our mothers eventually........gasp

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is how the last "themed" bbq my friend and I threw turned out.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

the trick is to have different decorations for different season in plastic boxes storoed away. I just dragged out the fall basket and it contained things amassed over the years like fake pumpkins and fruit and leaf garlands. and those dishes may look like fine china but they are the Pier One specialty. I confess I got the silver from my mother and I have a ton of it.... even ice cream forks and pickle forks. She was a belle who moved north but never gave up the rules of setting tables of personalized stationary. Her's was always Blue initials on blue and mine is Green on Ivory.

we all become our mothers eventually........gasp
I am going to try making it pretty for Thanksgiving, I have my Mom's silverware too. we alway use it for special occasions, but I have to get some pretty decorations

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I am going to try making it pretty for Thanksgiving, I have my Mom's silverware too. we alway use it for special occasions, but I have to get some pretty decorations
thanksgiving is a perfect time for a cornecopia filled with indian corn and fal fruits. if you buy a real one at a floral supply place or craft store like michaels or joannes... you can use it every year and just change the fresh fruit/vegetables. and colored ribbons for napkin rings sparkles things up and dont forget really tall candles. Have fun !! I love decorating.