I love names....What are your cats names??

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Names are so unique and I love animals because you can name them the craziest thing you can think of and that's totally cool!

Mine are

Enzo
Leya
Stuart

If you want to can explain the names. Ours are mostly just names, Stuart was named after the mad tv character because our kitty was just so annoying because he cried all the time we thought of Stuart.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calamity Jane (her litter had the Hole in the wall gang theme)
Skye (all her kittens names meant moon,star or night)

Foster litters all have themes so here you go

Hole in the wall gang
Sundance is one of Calamity's kittens (brothers were Butch Cassidy and Black Jack Ketchum)

Celestial Litter
KoKo one of Skye's kittens (means night)

The lonely only kitten
Rio his name is Rio because his eyes run like a river.

The "food" litter LOL
Tennesse Ham (Tennie)
StrawBerry Jam (Berry)
Cookies N Cream (Cookie)
Fig (Figgie)

The State Kittens
Montana
Dakota
Jersey
Carolina

Newest bottle babies

The Flower kittens
Buttercup
Holly
Sage

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ike (she was named after the Ike on South Park..before we knew she was a little lady...she's adorable just like him
)

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tommy -- because he was a "tom cat", my family got him when my sister and I were around 4 and 5 years old, all black cat

Tiger -- my cat which we got when I was 7, because as a kitten he was attacking things all the time, and because he was an orange tabby with white

Princess -- my sister's cat, sister to Tiger, tortoiseshell and white, because as a kitten she acted like a little princess

Sundance -- my sister's cat, she named him after The Sundance Kid, I'm not sure why, gray tabby (usually called "Kitty Kitty" or just Kitty)

Ripper -- belonged to my sister and her husband, black and white tuxedo cat, so named because in her first few days/weeks she ripped around the house (ran quickly from one end to the other), and because she ripped up my brother-in-law's hand pretty bad with her claws

Rascal -- my current cat, also a black-and-white tuxedo, so named just because I thought it was a cute cat name

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Skye- She's an only child for now because we live in an apartment and as it is we canbarely fit all her stuff.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie Wonka (named after the Charlie and the chocolate factory) - he's a chocolate spotted Ocicat

Ling is LingLing - her and siblings were all named as "oriental" names cause when they were a month old they all were pointed kittens! They all changed to black and white, but the names stuck (her sisters were Ying and Yang; brothers Ping and Pong).

Past cats (mixed breeds)
Mitten Mouchette (french for tabby) (blue mctabby/white)
Muffin (odd-eye black/white)
Raggy (brown patched tabby)
Reds (red mctabby/white)

(pedigree rexes I either kept or where shown by a friend)
Dark Lady (mostly black tortie)
Desparado (Desi) (black smoke)
Tiki (Tequila Sunrise - calico)
Taz (Tazzamaraz) (black smoke)
Tinker Toy (black/white)
Tom E. Hawk (red tabby/white)
Lily (Tigerlily) (OEW)
and Spooky (Top Secret) (BEW). Spooky has been my VERY best show cat - won the most awards and loved showing.

(pedigree russian blues)
Kisa (pussycat in Russian),
her son, Cassanova (Cassie)

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 kitties.
Kahlua got her name because she makes this cool little bubbly noise that sounds like a coffee pot peculating. And since coffee didnt sound very cute, we named her Kahlua.

Joey, he was found in our flower bed at around 4 - 5 weeks old and we thought he was a girl, so we named him Chloe. And then he "grew up" lol so we changed it to something close and he ended up being a Joey.

Chablis got his name from the crossdresser in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. My mom was at the mall in a restaurant and the bar tender said that they were waiting on animal control because there was a pregnant cat in their parking lot that looked like she was about to burst. So my mom goes out there with her left overs and lures the cat into her car and takes her home. She was named Windy and we knew who 3 of the kittens were going too! And then she finally started trusting us enough to let us brush her and we found a little more than we were expecting under the mats in her fur! So now she is a he and he is named Chablis
And to this day my great aunt still asks when she is going to get her kitten!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister named the first 2. She used to come up with some weird names:
Terazar. My mom's tortie that we had in the 70's and 80's
Shalimar. She became my baby when my sister lost her apartment. I found out later Shalimar is both an Eden in the Hindu religion, and a Romeo-type lover in the Indian culture.
Frantic and Pipsqueek. My 2 boys. Pipsqueek was always 2 somethings smaller than his brother. First he was 2 ounces. Then he became 2 lbs. Now he is 2 inches smaller in length and height, but he is 2 lbs larger than his brother.
Frantic did everything Frantically. He tries to dig to the center of the earth when he uses the litter box. He would run around the house for hours on end. Now he is so laid back and such a love-bug, I can't sit on the couch without him up against me.

mngal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My childhood cat was a seal point siamese. My sister and I named her Ding Dong. Our excuse was that we were 2 and 3 years old when we got her. She lived to be 20.

After college I got a balinese kitty and named her Zoe. It just fit her sweet and sometimes crazy disposition.

This summer we adopted a new kitten. She was nameless for about 4 days as we tried out names for her looking for one we could both agree on and that fit her. We finally settled on Lexie, because she is a Blue Lynx pint siamese. She looked like a little "Lexie the Lynx" to me.

shan1975

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have three cats and they are as follows

kasper named after the friendly ghost but with a k not c

Church cause he looks like the mean cat out of pet semetary but hes a big softie awwww

and little Violet cause i love the colour purple and it suited her

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are:

Twix - because I liked the name.
Tuxedo(called Tucker) - he's black as tuxedos at weddings

Peep - when he was a kitten he peeped instead of meowing.
Ditto - he looks like his mom, Twix.
Lady Chirrup - when she was born she skealed more then all of the others put together! Now I realized I should have named Ragmuffin Lady Chirrup instead but there's no way I could change them now.
Viking - the black on his face looks like an itty bitty viking helmet.
Ragamuffin and Sunflower were just names I liked.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Names are so unique and I love animals because you can name them the craziest thing you can think of and that's totally cool!

Mine are

Enzo
Leya
Stuart

If you want to can explain the names. Ours are mostly just names, Stuart was named after the mad tv character because our kitty was just so annoying because he cried all the time we thought of Stuart.
Do you yell at him the way Stuart's mom did on the TV show, "STWAAART!" ?

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gette (from the McCarney song "Jet" but is about a suffragette). Also she's jet black. her nickname is Mena.

Jiggy (just because it's a goofy name and he's a goofy boy that likes to get jiggy). His nicknames are Jerry, L'il Man, Jelly Bean, Jerry SEinfeld, Jerry Maguire, etc...

Sophia (the name she came with for adoption, which my husband loves because of Sophia Loren, however, I call her Didi or "C" most of the time...have no idea why)... Actually, I made her full name "Sophia Maria Conchita Alonso."

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spooky Bear - he got his name for several reasons. "Spooky" was because he was a feral kitten when we found him and spooked at everything, also it was right around Halloween and he is a black cat. "Bear" was because he looked like a little black bear cub and because I collect everything to do with bears so it seemed perfect.

Tabitha - John wanted to name her Tabby because she's a red/white tabby, I told him that was fine but she had to have a full name too so he said Tabitha.

Spike - It took us forever to name him, so one day I sat down and made a list and then told John to pick from the list.

Captain Squishy Fuzzypants a.k.a Slingshot - John named him, not a clue where he came up with his name.

Garfield Hoppington IV - Again, John named him.

Lieutenant Lilly Bear - When she was born, I gave her litter flower names. I called her Lilly. Then we added the Bear on for the same reasons as Spooky Bear. Then we were at a flea market one day and saw a license plate that said "Lt. Bear". It was perfect.

Roxy - John named her.

Sofia - I love the name and it's the first one I thought of when I was trying to come up with names for her.

Woody Jr. - Named after my beloved Woody who passed away in 2005. The original Woody was named by a friend of mine, he named him "Tiger Woods" which gradually got shortened to Woody. We call Woody Jr. "Woodward" or "Woodford" most of the time though.

Taco - John named him before he was even born. He said we had to have a kitten named Chi Chi Rodriguez a.k.a. Taco Salad. The "Taco" part just stuck.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Petunia got her name because, and I swear that this is true even if I can't find proof, she reminded me of the skunk in Bambi's sister, Petunia. I have never been able to find out if there actually was a skunk named Petunia in Bambi, but oh well! Pepper got his name from Chris (my ex)....don't know how he thought of it.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are:

Gordo - because he was always fat! He didn't want to share the bottle with his brothers. (his mother died when he was 2 days old)
Princess - becasue she was my little princess so I gave her that name.

Pitufo - Our first cat looked just like him so I named him after her. Her name was Pitufina.
Tinkerbell - Because I love Disney and I wanted to name her after a Disney character.

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FYI, over at babynames.com, they have a list of the most popular cat names based on pet medical insurance forms.

The top 5 female cat names listed are:
  1. Chloe
  2. Lucy
  3. Molly
  4. Bella
  5. Sophie
The top 5 male cat names listed are:
  1. Max
  2. Tigger
  3. Tiger
  4. Smokey
  5. Oliver
My cat Rascal comes in at #92 on the male list. My childhood cats' names Tiger and Princess are #3 and #6.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fina
Coriander
Izobelle
(in the past)
Julia
Ewok
Saffron
Teddy Bear &