Cat therapy

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are the best when you are low. Here is a pic of my daughter who is staying with me because her world has fallen apart after her fiance left her, and she now has no job and no home. But Dushka, Persil and Ellie know she needs love.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness look at that!
Our cats certainly know when were hurting don't they
And if theres one thing we can all say about them, it's the fact that they give us unconditional love and won't ever let us down

I hope they made her feel better Jenny, although i think that goes without saying

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here I thought they were rejoicing that there were 2 more hands and a lap in the house.

Seriously, I have seen what cats can do. My Dad had problems with his nerves at times and ours were excellent therapists at those times.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... how could you NOT feel better with all those furry bodies wanting to snuggle. What sweet kitties, taking care of your poor heartbroken daughter. On a semi-side note, she looks very young and has plenty of time to bounce back from this and be wiser and stronger for it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is older than she looks - 31. They had been together for ten years.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

That is hard on her. A few years ago and at the same age as your daughter I was in the exact same situation - split up with the man I'd been living with for 11 years, ended up living back with my parents, and then lost my job not long after. It really is an awful lot to go through, it took me a while to pick myself up and put myself back together - but I did get through it and I know that while your daughter must be feeling shattered right now, I am confident that in time she will be OK. Your cats definitely know that she needs some tlc right now.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ah, then you both have portraits in your attics that age?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know its a sad time for her and Im really sorry to hear what she is going through but your kitty cats are the sweetest loving all over her. They will truly be healing for her

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

10 years is a LONG time...but better than a life time of misery. She doesn't even look close to 31!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't look 31!
I hope she feels better being at home with family.
Aw, they're giving her all the loving she needs! That's so cute.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's good that the cats are giving her so much TLC right now. Thirty-one is young, so she has plenty of time to start anew, though it might not seem that way to her right now.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was but a tiny teen, I would come home crying over teen-dramas and my kitties would come pile on me. Even the un-snuggly ones would know when I needed company. I love cats.

My heart goes out to your daughter. What a difficult time she must be dealing with! It's wonderful that you are there for her and can help her stand when she can't stand by herself. Many hugs to her! It sounds like she needs them.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't see the picture at work so as soon as I logged on here at home I checked out the thread. What a lovely picture. I'm sorry to hear your daughter's heart is broken and am glad you are there for her. The kitties will help in her healing as well. Hugs to both of you.

aliciahorsley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
your daughter is lucky to have you as her mum. there are too many people who are too detached from family nowadays. sending her best my best wishes and a big thumbs up for you for being her mom.