They are tearing down the building next to where I live!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all let me explain I live in NYC, on the second floor with a back rooftop bigger then my apartment..... I come home from work last week to find the building next door, which is only one floor so the rooftop was parallel with my back and I have a kitchen window that looks out over it, the roof was ripped apart! Next day even more so, and the next, entire building down with a bull dozer in the middle of the area! I was just a bit concerned for our back roof top area since I have a bunch of large planters and some outdoor furniture there, so yesterday I went out back to do some cleaning and see what was up. They have actually ripped to huge holes into the side wall of our back roof top! I guess it could have been worse, but you just know they said "oops" when it happened. I figured I would take advantage of the situation and throw a bunch of large junk down we needed to get rid of any way
it is sometimes hard to throw large items away in NYC!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope they don't put up a taller building and ruin your view.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I hope they don't put up a taller building and ruin your view.
Oh yeah, that is exactly the point of my frustration, they are building a 7 story building next spring!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to say this but if it was an empty building, be prepared for squeeky visitors. When the empty house next door to mine was torn down, my house developed a mouse problem. They came flying out of the demolition and found the nearest holes.