Argh! No, not my shoes!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a brand new pair of shoes that were on clearance for $7, original price $25, just to have at least 1 pair of nice dress shoes for a job interview or anything.

Anyways, I bring them home and plop the bag with the shoes on the floor and start working on dinner. I hear a bit of rustling and notice that Tiger is in the bag, having a blast with the crinkling noises. I pull him out and find claw marks all over my black pleather(?) shoes!!!
I look at him and literally growl his name... he bolts off on a crazy kitten rampage to play with his sister, Angel.
I'm glad that the shoes had only cost me $7 and that if I work a lot of black wax on it, the claw marks might be invisible to the naked eye but still... ARGH!!! I just bought those! Now I'm afraid if I leave them in my closet with the rest of my shoes on the floor, the kittens will attack them. Any advice? Why do they like leather?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the pics... He only got one side of each shoe.

Left shoe, the worst of the two.

Right shoe, not as bad. That cut on my wrist was from Angel while giving her a bath yesterday. I got tons of them.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YIKES! Luckily my boys dont have a shoe fetish... & I dont know what would clean that up- but if you wear pants, it wont show, right?

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

YIKES! Luckily my boys dont have a shoe fetish... & I dont know what would clean that up- but if you wear pants, it wont show, right?
Right, if they're long enough. I only have 1 pair that's long enough because of my height. I'm 5'10. But, I'm pretty sure I can smooth them out. I did it with my old pair of boots when I was in bootcamp after Warrior Week ruined them.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You may want to consider buying a plastic shoe box for these if you don't want the cats to get at them again.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pick up a plastic tote at Wal-mart. They cost around $5-$6. That is what we store our shoes in. My cats have a fetish with shoes too...but ususally the straps. I made the mistake of leaving my wedding shoes laying in the closet. Yep, they found them, and I was SOOOO mad! They were open toe pumps, with a strap around the ankle, and they were so comfortable. I was going to dye them black to wear for New Year's Eve but they chewed the strap off completely. Oh well...what do you do.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My friend's ragdoll pooped in his dad's shoe last week! I'm not sure why some cats have these shoes issues. Thankfully, my cats couldn't care less!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

My friend's ragdoll pooped in his dad's shoe last week! I'm not sure why some cats have these shoes issues. Thankfully, my cats couldn't care less!
Originally Posted by Sweets

One of my cats likes to leave his hairballs in my shoes. Gee, thanks.
Ew... Now I know they've could've done worse.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Advice: Do. Not. Ever. Leave. New. Shoes. On. Floor. Again. EVER.

Sorry that happened - those slashes are REALLY deep! I'd consider them kitty toys now and go back for another pair.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Here's the pics... He only got one side of each shoe.

Left shoe, the worst of the two.

Right shoe, not as bad. That cut on my wrist was from Angel while giving her a bath yesterday. I got tons of them.
Embossed animal print is the hottest look right now!