I think I have a silverware theif!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm missing like a bunch of silverware! Seriously! Like 4 salad forks, 1 big spoon, a few teaspoons, and a big fork too. It's only DH, the cats and I here. I'm guessing they were accidentally thrown away or something. I just don't know how we'd have done that!

At least they were just from a set we got when we got married. It wasn't an expensive set or anything, but I still didn't intend on replacing it! I only had 8 of each of them except for my teaspoons. We have extra of those from what DH had before we got married. I thought we were going through our silverware a little fast.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have the same thief at my house! I am down to four spoons, and the cats and I are the only ones here.

I finally discovered I have been throwing them out with the yogurt containers. That and I have "lost" three dustpans in the last six months.

Glad I am not the only one this has happened too, I was starting to get a little worried.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few years ago a bunch of forks turned up missing after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is quite a large affair at my house, so it was quite a few. They must have been accidentally thrown out (probably by my Dad; according to Mom he had a history of it back in the day.
). My sister ctually had the audacity to call me up and ask me if I had taken them back with me to college! I had my own forks there, thank you!

Tricia

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I know where one of my sister's forks is. It's under her deck. I dropped it and it went straight through the space between the boards.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Well, I know where one of my sister's forks is. It's under her deck. I dropped it and it went straight through the space between the boards.
Does she know?

My hubby takes mine to use in his workshop sometimes and I get mad as all get out.

Jennifer used to have a number of utensils in her bedroom too but she's been better.

I finally just gave up trying to keep a nice every-day set and went to Zellers/Walmart and bought up some loose ones to supplement my cutlery drawer. Works out well for the dishwasher too - I don't have to run it as often.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I bet there has been a lot of people do that

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've noticed that at my mother in laws too since we've been staying there. Although I've been guilty on accidentally throwing one away last week when I was scrapping my plate... I swear it was an accident

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

We've noticed that at my mother in laws too since we've been staying there. Although I've been guilty on accidentally throwing one away last week when I was scrapping my plate... I swear it was an accident
Did you fish it out??? Mom would have made me!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol they must be visiting my fathers house, cause he says he has spoons missing.
I get blamed for it even if i dont live there haha.