My Weirdo Kitty's Show of Affection

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so Tiny has a really weird ritual he goes through every night.

I go to bed and turn all the lights off. A few minutes later, Tiny climbs up on my bed and begins to knead the blankets. He walks round and round me, kneading the blankets as he goes, with all four feet. Sometimes he settles down on my chest, but usually he just walks round and round me, purring and kneading...

What's with this weirdo kitty?

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At least he isn't pouncing on your moving legs under the covers and biting them
Mine had a bad habit of doing that for a while and will occasionally do it even now.

In the mornings on the weekends, he jumps and puts his face in mine to wake me up because he doesn't understand Saturday and Sunday

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Macho does that too everytime he's on my bed
it's like a ritual to him wait until he kneads while his face burried in the blankets

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moose does that too, but only when I'm at the computer. His eyes will dialate, and he
"stomps" for up to 15 minutes. My boyfriend's cat does the same thing, but he has to have his favorite toy in his mouth.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

OK, so Tiny has a really weird ritual he goes through every night.

I go to bed and turn all the lights off. A few minutes later, Tiny climbs up on my bed and begins to knead the blankets. He walks round and round me, kneading the blankets as he goes, with all four feet. Sometimes he settles down on my chest, but usually he just walks round and round me, purring and kneading...

What's with this weirdo kitty?
Sounds just like Geronimo, when we first got him.
Only he would settle down right next to my head, instead of on my chest. I believe he had "issues".

Now, I consider myself "worthy" if His Majesty even LOOKS at me! He now plays "hard to get" most of the time - unless I'm in the bathroom, that is. Then he'll whine his little head off, 'cuz he can't get to me.

Your kitty will most likely outgrow his "neediness", too.

KittKatt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is cute. It's just wonderful how a cat can be a dangerous predator and a capable adult and a friend and a playful catten* at the same time. What other animal can do that?

*Catten: A grown cat who acts like a kitten.

denao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hah, reading this I figured I had to respond and say this is exactly what my kitten (5 mos) does too, only it's generally at either 3:00 in the morning, or at 5:30 when I get up for work.

she is not very affectionate, won't come near you to be petted, only playing, but like clockwork every morning she is on my bed, circling me, purring like mad and kneading everything.

She'll walk in a circle, settle down for a second, headbutt the heck out of the nearest hand, and then once you start petting her she gets up and circles again.

And yes, she'll occasionally settle on my chest and knead me, or start kneading an exposed arm!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hemmy lays on my husband's chest and purrs every night. He stays there until my husband is asleep then he goes to sleep in the hallway. My husband says he can't fall asleep without him!\t

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but that's the weird thing--the little guy doesn't even get on my chest most of the time! He just walks around me and paws and purrs... Not that I mind, except when I'm dead tired. Little rogue!