I love my husband, but I'm going to kill him...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has a bad back. He injured it doing Goodmornings when he was 20. http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2004/...od_morning.htm

Now, I've posted this link but I'm going to give you a HUGE warning. This is the SAME exercise that put Bruce Lee in bed for six months. No, not your next door neighbor. Bruce Lee. Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee. The guy who created his own form of martial arts that is still alive and well today. Many experts say that you should never ever do them.

This injury has been on going for the last 10 years, and every now and then I have to deal with a week of a crabby man saying that he's in pain.

This time he's realized that he's not 19 any more, but is a bit upset about it. He keeps saying that he's invincible and that he needs to get back in shape because Canada or Aliens may invade over the winter.

He also refuses to take Advil.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll just be happy mine decided to take up golf. I about fell off my chair when he announced that he was going to start playing golf.
Just out of the blue decided to take it up.

I think I'd strangle him if he decided to do those Good Mornings exercises.
My DH had broken ribs in 1998, and I don't think they healed quite right. He has back pain sometimes where one of the breaks was.

It's a good thing husbands are cute.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My husband has a bad back. This deserves some background information. He injured it doing Goodmornings: http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2004/...od_morning.htm
when he was 20. Now, I've posted this link but I'm going to give you a HUGE warning. This is the SAME exercise that put Bruce Lee in bed for six months. No, not your next door neighbor. Bruce Lee. Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee. The guy who created his own form of martial arts that is still alive and well today. Many experts say that you should never ever do them.

This injury has been on going for the last 10 years, and every now and then I have to deal with a week of a crabby man saying that he's in pain.

This time he's realized that he's not 19 any more, but is a bit upset about it. He keeps saying that he's invincible and that he needs to get back in shape because Canada or Aliens may invade over the winter.

At least you have a sense of humor about it! My almost-ex-husband is a whiner! Even the littlest bump on any part of his body (his pinky finger, for example), and I would hear him from across the house yelling obscenities like he had just broken a bone. That's coming from a guy who never had a broken bone or a sprain or a dislocation. He had no idea what real pain is!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hope he is doing better. I really hate it when my hubby complains about some ache/pain and I tell him what to do about it, then he ignores my advice totally.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

bad boy,
bad boy...you should to hear to DW!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for he listen to Heather!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

bad boy,
bad boy...you should to hear to DW!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for he listen to Heather!
You tell him Amigo!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You tell him Amigo!
Count with it my friend!

Hubby, you should to listen to DW!...
...the health is firts to all!
if you´re sick, who going to take care of DW and lovely furkitt???
..uh? uh?..

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...He keeps saying that he's invincible and that he needs to get back in shape because Canada or Aliens may invade over the winter.
Ha ha, I used to be an American Alien in Canada.

I hope your husband feels better soon; it's rough to feel helpless when someone you love is in pain. Especially when they are cranky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Ha ha, I used to be an American Alien in Canada.

I hope your husband feels better soon; it's rough to feel helpless when someone you love is in pain. Especially when they are cranky.
He's feeling better today, but I really want him to get his back checked out. He refuses to go.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Men are such big babies when it comes to pain. But they are not all that sympethic when you are in pain.

I remember, before I had my surgery, when I would have gall bladder attacks. The pain from that is horrible! (I have been told it is worse then pain of childbirth. I wouldn't know, since I wasn't able to have children) He thought I was faking. But, if he has an upset tummy... he is down for the count.. LOL

But getting men to go to the doctor is like pulling teeth. My husband will refuse to go everytime.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

pain killers are for wimps, who needs them(besides if he deals with it alot, its much better just to get used to the pain.)

and we all know how bad those canadian are, we should be ready at any time for them to attack.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ I've dealt with pain most of my life, I'm taking the easy and "wimp" way out today and taking one of my painkillers so I can handle sitting in the car and walking around.

He's feeling better today, but I really want him to get his back checked out. He refuses to go.
I refused to go for years too.
It's denial really, when you know something is wrong but somehow hope that by ignoring it that it will go away, or at least not made a reality by giving it a name, etc. Tell him to take advice from someone who put off going to the doctor, waiting makes it harder for them to fix or stop any damage that may be happening.
Depending on the pain he has, it could even be likely that there was some slight disc damage done. Something that needs to be seen to before it gets worse.

Originally Posted by Catkiki

I remember, before I had my surgery, when I would have gall bladder attacks. The pain from that is horrible!
I have to agree.
Gallbladder attacks are like getting a dull serrated knife stabbed into your side/stomach and twisted. I compare my arthritis pain to just getting kicked.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to say about that. I hope he gets better. In our gyms those sort of excercises are not allowed, including using a lat pull down machine backwards, which is what we could do in high school. Now they say there have been too many injuries as you pull the bar down behind your neck, very similiar to this good morning excercise minus the pulleys.

I hope everything goes well.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

pain killers are for wimps, who needs them(besides if he deals with it alot, its much better just to get used to the pain.)

and we all know how bad those canadian are, we should be ready at any time for them to attack.
Hmmm getting use to the pain is better then being one

And as for us Canadians invading over the winter, nothing to fear hockey season starts next week and that will keep us busy till at least June

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Hmmm getting use to the pain is better then being one

And as for us Canadians invading over the winter, nothing to fear hockey season starts next week and that will keep us busy till at least June
No worries is right my DH is watching hockey right now,
I suspect he'll be on the couch until probably May

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i hope he is feeling better soon, my DH has just gone back to work after doing his back in once again, last year it started up , docs say that its siatica SP? a trapped nerve , but it comes back every so often.
his normally laid out on the floor in so much pain cant walk or move even though thr doc says he has to keep it moving, when it plays him up he has to take sleeping tablets just so he can get some sleep at nights, but omg after the first 6 days im going mad!! i do feel for him i really do , but with looking after the house , plus 3 children then having to do everything on top of that ( was worse last year when i was working aswell) you do start hitting breaking point.