Anyone else watch Meerkat Manor? *Spoiler Alert*

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but I want to know if anyone else watches? It made me cry and I just wanted to know if I'm the only crazy one who loves that show & gets into it?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had read this day was coming, so I was dreading tonight's episode.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did. I was sad.

edit: Just realized I had spoilers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who watches & gets all emotional about this show. It's funny because in my head I know that this is nature and the reason we are so attached is that the producers of the show humanize the meerkdats, but it still made me cry. I too wonder who the new leader will be and I wonder how they are going to keep people watching. I had actually been thinking about this episode all week & was really hoping it wasn't flower, but the truth is she had a great run and it couldn't last forever.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have Animal Planet, so I watch it on DVD. I got all teary when Shakespeare disappeared after defending the babies.
I love the show. My cats even watch it (Nabu is just entranced). I'm going to be starting season 2 this week.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Flower died???
That is so sad...how did it happen? I didn't get to see the episode. I watch it on and off depending on what is going on.

I think it would be SO hard to be one of the people filming that. Like when Shakespeare got injured, I kept thinking "there are all these people around, why doesn't someone help him!!" But, I know it is a nature program and they aren't allowed to, but I couldn't do it.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I was so sad.
She went in after the snake, and I was thinking..."No, this couldn't be the big thing, right? Flower can't die!" I thought about making an RB post for her, but I didn't want to give it away to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

RIP Flower, you had fans all over the world!

I'm going to try to do spoilers in white, so that you have to highlight to see them.
Edit: A cobra that the group encountered earlier crawled into their burrow, where Flower's latest pups were. So Flower went in after it, and received a fatal bite on the head in the process. At least one of her pups survived though, so I think she would have felt the sacrifice was worth it.

And I think the way that they film these is through remote cameras placed in strategic spots. So even if they would have intervened, they probably couldn't have.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG, Flower died???
That is so sad...how did it happen? I didn't get to see the episode. I watch it on and off depending on what is going on.

I think it would be SO hard to be one of the people filming that. Like when Shakespeare got injured, I kept thinking "there are all these people around, why doesn't someone help him!!" But, I know it is a nature program and they aren't allowed to, but I couldn't do it.
I stopped watching it because our cable is messed up when we moved.
ZOMG, she died?! How? Could someone pm me the details? And did they ever find out what happened to Shakespeare? He was my favorite!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i went out of the house so did not get to see it.
but the previews i saw, kinda hinted that flower wsa the one that was going to die.

so yea me and the cats watch it
the cats more then me

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I didnt watch it because I guessed Flower was going to die. Im so sad.
Yeah, I think they had made it preety clear from the commercials and the previews that it was going to happen. It is very sad. I don't think I'll enjoy the show nearly as much as I used to.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I watched last night, but it just wasn't the same. Watching Zaphod at the den babysitting was just heart breaking. I may stop watching it's just too sad without flower.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I miss Flower. =< But I guess it's nice that Rocket Dog is starting to prove herself to be Flower's daughter...

It'll be sad to see Zaphod go, too. But it'll be best for the Whiskers if he finds another family to join, so Rocket Dog can get her own mate.