Anyone had this happen?!

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have our two kittens in their safe room still but I started letting them out supervised for a little while a couple of days ago.

Anyway!!

I was in the room with one of my kids and when I came out, my other child told me (quite happily) that he had let the kittens out of their room. Well I found Peaches right away thank God. She seemed a little unnerved by the whole thing but I couldn't find Free ANYWHERE... and I mean I looked everywhere. I started getting nervous wondering if maybe she was hurt and couldn't call out. It seemed like forever..

Well once I finally stopped looking and didn't know what I was going to do next, my youngest spotted her under the desk!

I still don't know where her hiding spot was because I looked all over the desk but I'm so happy I found her... or rather that she decided to come out.
It was SCARY!! Thank God she was okay!

Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm sure it has.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
are you kidding?
sometimes i can't find the adult cats, much less a kitten!

usually they're just sitting there in plain sight, & i can't find them

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

are you kidding?
I hear you on this one. Ping and Pong do this to me and I always freak out.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

are you kidding?

usually they're just sitting there in plain sight, & i can't find them
Tonka is a HUGE kitty and sometimes I lose him

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, yes...when my sister took my daughter (she's got brain-damage and her cat Christy is her sole companion) back to Tennessee for a prolong visit, Christy stayed behind. She managed to disappear in her room and was gone for over 6 hours; my mom called me at work that Christy was gone - I stayed in the room, calling, putting out cat food. What a wreck I was - crying, I threw up, I couldn't sleep....finally, towards morning, Christy jumped up on the bed, as if nothing had happened. Where was she??? WE'd moved the furniture, checked the lining under the bed, the closet, etc. Where DO these cats go

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man...that has happened to us. Usually it is thinking the cats got outside though. We have a pretty heavy front door so my kids will "close" the door but not stick around to make sure it is really closed. Lots of times we are frantically looking for the cats and wont be able to find one of them so we go searching outside. Well...most of the time they are sitting (coming from who knows where in the house) inside staring at me when I come back inside from a frantic searching and giving me the "What is your problem?" look.
I love my cats but man are they good at hiding.

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my worst nightmare. I have a Ragdoll and the breeder gave me very clear warnings about what would happen if my cat got outside. They are so laid back. You have to be very careful where you step as Pasha won't move for anything. I have a 4 year old so I worry so much that she will leave the front door open and he will escape! I keep a collar with a bell on him so I kinda know where he is at all times. I also got him nueterd hopeing that he will not want to wander.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That has happened to me so many times. The first place I check is the box spring on the bed or inside the couch. For some reason, that is the first place every kitten I have ever had has tried to explore. It doesn't matter if there wasn't any holes before...kitten claws get stuck and guess what...a little hole that will get bigger and bigger.