OMG- I've had *THAT* moment.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The moment where you are dancing away to a song that used to play at your Sock Hops in high school, and as the station goes to break you realize..... IT'S THE GOLDEN OLDIES STATION!

Then you flip over to the AV Club and read that the Bestie Boys are being nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That's not fair. I'm not ready to be this old yet.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 45 and I have a hard time getting used to the fact that I can remember things from more than 40 years ago!! This was never supposed to happen!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup...I'm only 29 and half the songs I listened to growing up are on the "Classic Rock Station"

Thank god for alternative music...unless they come out with "classic Alternative"

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

It's like OMG how's that happen
Exactly, I realized the other day that both of my favorite albums Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper and Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf were released 30 years ago.....

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"THAT moment" happened to me in an Austin record store around 1977:

Two girls about 16 or so were talking as they flipped through the clearance albums, and one of them asked the other, "Who are the Beatles?"

And her friend answered, "Some band Paul McCartney was in before Wings."

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of those moments when I found out both Home Improvement and Fresh Prince of Bellair are on Nick at Nite now...
I LOVED Fresh Prince!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had that moment years ago when I caught myself singing along to the snippets of some of my favorite songs that are now part of some Time Life collection.
(Or something like that - you know, the compilations that they sell on late night TV...)

And yeah, the music I listened to is now "Classic Rock". And I much prefer VH-1 and VH-1 Classic to any of the MTV channels.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny! I had my moment when a 15 year old told me they didn't know who Lassie was!!!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Exactly, I realized the other day that both of my favorite albums Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper and Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf were released 30 years ago.....
Here's something even scarier---I still remember every single solitary lyric to BAT OUT OF HELL!!! I'm talking the whole album!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

Here's something even scarier---I still remember every single solitary lyric to BAT OUT OF HELL!!! I'm talking the whole album!!!
Yeah. I'm with ya there!

I have the CD, so I still listen to it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

"THAT moment" happened to me in an Austin record store around 1977:

Two girls about 16 or so were talking as they flipped through the clearance albums, and one of them asked the other, "Who are the Beatles?"

And her friend answered, "Some band Paul McCartney was in before Wings."

You should have pulled those girls out of that record store. Taken them to your house, put in The White Album and blown their minds.

Wings...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yup...I'm only 29 and half the songs I listened to growing up are on the "Classic Rock Station"

Thank god for alternative music...unless they come out with "classic Alternative"
I'm 30 and experiencing the same thing. I never thought the day would come that Motley Crew and Skid Row would be on a classic rock station.

I thought the local college station that has a Goth/Industrial Radio show would be safe, but NO, the dj referred to early Covenant as vintage.
The song referred to came out in 1997! It's not that old. Sheesh. Sometimes I feel old...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

I know the feeling! I know every lyric too...but you know you are showing your age when you refer to it as an "album"!
(don't worry, I still do it too)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had nightmares when I started hearing 80's and 90's music on my classic rock station

And Menasmom: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with red roses?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

And Menasmom: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with red roses?
Can any of us answer? "Will he offer me his teeth?"