Just not in the mood for this....

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, today is my birthday. My big 21. We went out for a big family meal tonight, and of course, my nan and grandad sit right in the middle of the long table, leaving me, Andy and Jacob at one end, away from my sister and her BF, and my lil brother as we couldn't all fit down one end.

Because there was so many of us, we pre-ordered our food before we turned up, and low and behold it started coming to the table (that people had to be shooed off of when we arrived) before we even got our drinks, and before my aunt and cousins had arrived.

So we ate. Then people started to leave as soon as the cake had come out and been eaten. Thanks!!!

Jacob and my cousin were little *beeps* all night and Andy just sat there while I had to deal with him.

So, after a boring, rushed night I came home.

There was cat poop DRAGGED all over my kitchen floor. It ahd once been in the litter tray because it had litter on it, but yes, they must have had a play. I really was just not in the mood to be cleaning that up at 11pm but I had no choice.

I know this sounds selfish but 21 is suposed to be really special but it just seemed like any other day. Happy Birthday to me

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My 21st was no fun either. I had just moved to another state and had no friends so I ended up out to dinner with my uncle, his wife and 3 kids. I dunno most people go out and like get trashed like "WOOOOOO I"m 21!!!!!!" But personally now that I just turned 24 and can drink whenever I darn well please it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Try and have a happy b-day despite it all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can drink at 18 here though, so it's not about that. I was pregnant on my 18th though so I didn't get trashed then either.

Here it's just one of those milestone ages that your suposed to have a party for.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

We can drink at 18 here though, so it's not about that. I was pregnant on my 18th though so I didn't get trashed then either.

Here it's just one of those milestone ages that your suposed to have a party for.
Happy Birthday!

I hope it gets better.

EDIT: If it makes you feel better on my 22nd Birthday I witnessed a fight and had to fill out a police report. My entire night was spent at a police station pointing at pictures of people.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you didn't have a good day

Call up a friend and go out tomorrow or even later this evening and celebrate it the way you want to

Happy Birthday!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww it's ok hon! If it makes you feel better -my 16 birthday stunk (got stood up by my date and instead of having a romantic date- i had to go on my carriage ride and to dinner with my mom
)- my 21st birthday was horrible too because I thought Colin was going to pop the question that day...and he gave me the worst card and went out the day of my b-day to get me a gift card for an ice cream place (i'm lactose intolerant!
). It stunk!

But you know what- my 17th birthday was wonderful....and so was my 22nd this year (he FINALLY poped the question
) - don't let those "land mark" birthdays get you down love- i've always had kinda bad "milestone" birthdays and really good birthdays that were not as "important"

Besides gorgeous- the day is not over- don't let this morning and afternoon ruin you for the night- do something YOU want to do for your birthday tonight!
And don't forget to celebrate- birthdays are about celebrating your entire life...not dwelling on one bad day - i'm sure you can come up with a few things that make you smile!
(my kitties always bring a smile to my face- even a certain white kitty named, Isabella who likes to get "cling ons" stuck to her back legs and run around with them around my house
)

Cheer up!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday!

I'm sorry you didn't have a great time, in my experience it gets a lot better when you hit your 30s, so you have an awful lot to look forward to
As I recall my 21st was fairly mediocre, but the ones afrer that have been great

Hey, on my 13th birthday, someone in my class threw a wooden chair at my head when the teacher was out of the room, and I ended up with my dad leaving work and picking me up from school because I didn't feel well. My parents thought I was faking to get my birthday off school and I was left at home with concussion puking up in the bathroom every 10 minutes and finally going to the ER when they finally realised I wasn't faking - now that sucks!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 21 was no big deal either. I went to lunch with a friend and had a potent margarita with greasy mexican food. After that I felt like I wanted to hurl.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw I'm sorry your birthday hasn't been so fun. It seems the older I get the less fun they are. It's not like how when I was a kid on my birthday I'd wake up and be feeling inside like "Yes! This is MY day!" Now it's like wahoo...I'll go to work and someone will bring a cake. If I'm lucky it won't be store bought. Actually not having a job on my birthday this year almost made it more kid like!

My 21st was no biggie either. I'd gotten married 3 months before so it kind of felt like I'd already done it all, though I've still never been drunk. It just never appealed to me.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You have ALL WEEKEND to celebrate turning 21! CELEBRATE! Call a friend, go out and have some fun. Geez, I can't even remember my 21st birthday, come to think of it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My 21st birthday was sucky too, my BF fell asleep on me cause he drank too much before I got there

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not saying this is going to be your most exciting birthday ever, but look at how many people gathered to celebrate your birthday. It sounds like you have a family that wanted to be with you on your special day. You'll have many nights of parties in your life, but for tonight, your family was with you as you turned 21. Sounds pretty good to me.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, Happy Birthday!

Sorry your 21st wasn't very fun. My 16th was a big nothing but my 17th was totally amazing! My mom went all out and me and a few of my friends got to go to Atlanta & stay in a great hotel (chaperoned of course).

I had some birthdays where I was like "It's my birthday I don't deserve this crap! D:<" so it's pretty normal to feel that way.

The best thing you can do for yourself is go out with some friends sometime this week and have a few drinks. Make one of them be a designated driver.

As for your family, I know they can be frustrating but I'm sure they love you a lot too.
Hang in there ok? :hug: Live it up, you're an 'adult' now!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear your 21st was a bummer
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I didnt think mine would be any great thing either, but on my 21st birthday I will be leaving for our honeymoon on a Carnival cruise ship. I dont have any friends down this way to go out with except the car club, so once we come back, that's probably the only people I'll be going out places with. They're not too fun to hang out with though.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you read one of my earlier threads, you'll see I don't really have any friends, and family is all I have. All the same people get together and do the same old meal inthe same old place for every occassion. I'd hinted to everyone that I would like a party, so that I could invite some of the people from work who don't live in my area. But Ididn't have a choice who I could invite to the meal - and my mum knows I hate those meals.

Today seems to be a better day. My two year old son is being much better behaved thank God. And I've just taken out the special gift from my mum - a photo album she's put together of me growing up. (She also bought me a new digital camera, so expect some quality photos instead of crappy ones from my photo!)

Links is nibbling my toes......

Mother in Law hasn't wished me happy birthday, or sent me a card, she just thinks that because Andy and I are living apart at the moment, we're not together - dispite the fact I gave birth to her grandchild - who she never sees

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 21st was pretty quiet. I went out for a couple drinks with my roommate (none of my friends liked going to the bar) and I didn't even get the drink I wanted.

Mother in Law hasn't wished me happy birthday, or sent me a card, she just thinks that because Andy and I are living apart at the moment, we're not together - dispite the fact I gave birth to her grandchild - who she never sees
My MIL never remembers my birthday. Sometimes she doesn't even remember Mike's. So don't feel too bad about that. My DH's family doesn't do birthdays. He likes that my family does and I make a fuss on his day.
He was pretty shocked when we were first together and I made sure he got a birthday present and dinner out on his birthday.

Maybe you should go get yourself a small cake, ice cream and watch a favorite movie.
When I was single I always did a little something for myself on my birthday. (My family didn't live close)

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres a little thing with MIL though. I've never been accepted. It was Andys 21st 2 years ago. Jacob was 8 months old. She said she had booked a table for a celebration dinner. His brother and sister, step-dad and Jacob were invited. But I wasn't!!!! She even asked Andy if I was going to stay home with Jacob, and when he said no - meaning that we were coming too - she booked Jacob a place and not me. We were engaged, have a child together and living together for over a year and yet she didn't 'see' me as a family member or anyone of significance in Andy or Jacobs life. She's a cow. She knows exactly when my birthday is - I saw it on her calendar - she just can't be bothered
And yes they do celebrate birthdays

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Theres a little thing with MIL though. I've never been accepted. It was Andys 21st 2 years ago. Jacob was 8 months old. She said she had booked a table for a celebration dinner. His brother and sister, step-dad and Jacob were invited. But I wasn't!!!! She even asked Andy if I was going to stay home with Jacob, and when he said no - meaning that we were coming too - she booked Jacob a place and not me. We were engaged, have a child together and living together for over a year and yet she didn't 'see' me as a family member or anyone of significance in Andy or Jacobs life. She's a cow. She knows exactly when my birthday is - I saw it on her calendar - she just can't be bothered
And yes they do celebrate birthdays
Oh wow. She's not very nice at all.

I say a Double Chocolate Birthday Cake for yourself. Maybe some chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. No MIL's allowed.

jenc511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't sweat it. Mine was just a few years ago. I had a job that allowed me to set my own schedule, but someone decided to schedule a committee meeting for 8am the day following my birthday. My office was about an hour away, so that meant I had to get up extra early to be out the door by 7am (not a huge deal unless you are a night owl who sets her own schedule 99% of the time).

I went out with my husband and a good family friend to a crappy chain restaurant, had two drinks, bad food, and went home early. My mom was in Iraq, so she couldn't come. My other friends and family all lived too far away to come up on a Tuesday night.

If you want to go out to bars for the 21st birthday "experience", just announce that it's your 21st birthday the next time you're at a bar. None of the patrons are going to card you.