What's your face wash?

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to be able to wash my face with just normal soap, then moisturize...but lately I need more than that...I need something new and I was considering the Nature's Cure brand of face care.
Does anyone else use it?
How about Proactive?
What's your opinion on the different kinds you've used, what kind is your favorite/ works the best for you?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Rosacea, so I have to be pretty careful. I use Clean & Clear Sensitive foaming wash at night, and Purpose in the morning. Currently I'm trying a sample of Clean & Clear Morning Burst with Shine control, but probably won't buy a big bottle of it. It's a little too perfumey for me.

Proactiv is not on my list of favorite facial washes...I tried it for a week, and shortly after that I developed the rosacea.
It started with a reaction to the Proactiv, then never went away.

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have mild/occasionally moderate acne and I used Pro-activ for awhile and I didn't like it. It didn't really make a difference, bleached my towels, and dried my skin/lips out. Now, I use Neutrogena Acne Stress Control (has micro beads) with the day lotion and overnight lotion. Since I started using the stress stuff, I haven't noticed any breakouts. I think it also helps to take vitamins.

-Kristen

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use clinique products, but if my skin is really dry and sensitive I use Epiderm, which is like a Parrafin soap, great for dry skin.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use this:

http://www.norwex.ca/norwex/controll...cat=1&subcat=0

I've been using this microfiber wash cloth for about a month or so & its cleared up my skin better than ANY product I've tried! I dont have to use a special soap or cleanser, just water! I swear by it- my face has never been so clear before! I've never had a problem with acne before, but my skin is softer & a lot better now!

I have eczema & really sensitve skin, so I've never found a product that doesn't dry out my skin or make me break out awfully, so this is a dream come true for me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoa!...sounds like Pro-Active is a no go. Which is good because it was WAY expensive.

I like the idea of Nature's cure because it includes: A pill/vitamin to regulate acne from within and a cream for the skin. I don't know if they have a face wash though...

If anyone has used it, let me know!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually had pretty good luck with Proactiv. It's worked well and made my face smooth and clear. A con I would say, though, is that if I washed my face regularly for a while and missed one session I would break out immediately. :/
I use a certain sort of mint mask, which I prefer to the Proactiv, and it makes my face feel great and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Vichy's cleansing milk. I have used proactive in the past. It worked really well for about 6 months and then it just seemed to stop working for me.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BAH I say to Proactiv. I used it religously for months and still had really bad breakouts. I'm a huge fan of anything Oil of Olay related. Also I recently started using Neutrogena Acne Stress Control and have seen better results than I ever did with Proactiv. Anything to do with those two brands I say you can't go wrong. I've tried Biore and clean and clear they were kinda meh and seemed to have my face oily within a few hours.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used Proactive and it seemed to make my face worse. I have roscea so im careful to what i use. I have also tried Clinque 3-step BUT im too lazy to keep up with it. TOO MUCH WORK! Now i use Avon ANEW RETROACTIVE+ 2-in-1 Cleanser (Cleanser and Toner in One). It seems to help with my oily skin. I like it....smells so refreshing!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My skin is super oily. I thought as I got older it would get less oily, but it seems to have gotten worse over the years. At 45 years my skin is more oily than it was than when I was a teenager. However, despite the oily skin I've never really had a problem with acne/pimples other than the odd one during "that time of month" when I was a teenager. It's been many years since I've had a pimple.

I usually use "Biore Shine Control". Sometime I use "Noxema", and sometimes I just use regular liquid hand soap. If I'm really lazy I'll just wash my face with the shampoo suds as I'm washing my hair. I've even been known to use Pamolive dish soap! LOL

I don't have an acne problem, but I think I might end up going back to "Clearacil" soap to combat the oil.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't used anything on this mug of mine except Noxema since I was a pre-teen. I put lotion on afterward. My mom is 81 years old and has been using Noxema since the Stone Age, and she's not all wrinkly. Staying out of the sun helps, too.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Proactive dried out my skin but my sister uses it and it's fine with her.

I use a pomegranate natural scrub from Bath and Body works. It leaves my face so smooth and hydrated and I have yet to see any pimples. I have really oily skin too so I use it everyday in the shower.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub, but now I use the "Equate" version, which is cheaper and works fine. For me, the medicated version is much, much better than the regular... I end up feeling really smooth and fresh, and it seems to even out my skin color, too.

For moisturizer, I use the yellow lotion by Clinique (can't think what it's called, and I'm out of it right now), because it works well in combination with my Clinique foundation. Excellent line of products!

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to use Proactiv but I stopped because 1) It's too damn expensive, and 2) It really didn't work very well. Now I use Clearasil Ultra Cleansing Cream Wash and it works a hell of a lot better and it's MUCH cheaper...

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

My mom is 81 years old and has been using Noxema since the Stone Age, and she's not all wrinkly.

I am currently using Garnier Fructis face wash, but I hate it. It feels like lotion-it doesn't lather up at all. The only reason I am still using it is because it is so expensive (even though I had a coupon
).
I like Noxzema the best. I dont' remember what kind, but its in an orange and blue tube.
I used to use Clinique as well, but found it is overpriced and overrated for me.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use DHC products; an olive oil wash, clear soap, toner and olive oil. My skin has never beens so soft. This is their basic product, they have a lot of different products. It's mail order and I get it in three days usually.
I'm in the group with sensitive skin, (eczema, dry skin) and I'm so happy with DHC.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using Dove Daily Fash Wash for quite awhile now and am really happy with the results. I have a bit of a dry skin problem and it seems to work well.