One Day ONLY! Dyson DC15 "The Ball" $289!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned about this awsome site from another TCS thread - today's woot deal is the Dyson DC15 The Ball for just $289 plus just $5 for shipping!

It is a refurbished model, but so is the one I bought and I totally LOVE mine!

If you've been wanting a Dyson but the price has been too high, this will save you around $200 over retail - check it out!!!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man that is a STEAL. My husband bought one for his mother and it was expensive! If I hadn't already gone through our spending money this month I would totally jump on that. >_>;;; Cats are expensive!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
I need a new vacuum too... but I seriously cannot justify spending that much on one right now... darn!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish we weren't going to have other unplanned expenses or I could get one!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you like your, but from what I've seen in person (Dyson are all plastic parts) they won't last long. Looking at two better made vacuum cleaners that are more reasonable but better quality.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know people who've had Dyson's for years and had no problems. We've had ours for 2 years now, and have not had any problems. You'll find most vacuum cleaners are all plastic parts

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was impressed with ours when we first got it, but about a year and a half later it doesn't suck up like it once did. I am rather disappointed in it. I can tell it's not cleaning the carpet like it did before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Glad you like your, but from what I've seen in person (Dyson are all plastic parts) they won't last long. Looking at two better made vacuum cleaners that are more reasonable but better quality.
Dyson sends you replacements parts if need be.

But I would like to remind you that most cars are made of at least 60% plastic nowadays. And they cost tens of thousands of dollars, not $300.

My Sears Kenmore cannister vac was mostly plastic and it lasted 15 years.

Plastic does NOT equal poor quality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I was impressed with ours when we first got it, but about a year and a half later it doesn't suck up like it once did. I am rather disappointed in it. I can tell it's not cleaning the carpet like it did before.
Have you washed the filter the way the instructions tell you to? If you don't do it AT LEAST once a year, you'll lose suction.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Have you washed the filter the way the instructions tell you to? If you don't do it AT LEAST once a year, you'll lose suction.
My mom is the one that takes care of it and cleans it, but I better check if she cleaned the filter.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Dyson sends you replacements parts if need be.

But I would like to remind you that most cars are made of at least 60% plastic nowadays. And they cost tens of thousands of dollars, not $300.

My Sears Kenmore cannister vac was mostly plastic and it lasted 15 years.

Plastic does NOT equal poor quality.
Plus, who wants to push a really heavy vacuum around? My sister had a Kirby, and while it was really heavy-duty, it was also just plain heavy!

Some people (like my husband) are horrible with plastic, though. Every time I'm away, and he has to vacuum, I find another piece broken off my vacuums. I think he becomes a passive-aggressive when he has to clean.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my Dyson! I was a little leary of spending that much on a vacuum, but when it got to the apartment, the first weekend I tried it, I was hooked. It picks up so much cat hair off the rug of our little 2 bedroom apartment. I dont think I'll go back to another vacuum cleaner again.

We have the slim one, I think - it's the orange one. It's one of the newer models. And we got it for $200 .. the perks of having a boyfriend that works at Best Buy

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Plus, who wants to push a really heavy vacuum around? My sister had a Kirby, and while it was really heavy-duty, it was also just plain heavy!
When I was in the market for a vacuum, I tried a ton of vacuums. Some of them were so heavy to push that I had trouble handling them. I did buy a Dyson, and I've never looked back!