Switching to wet question

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I initally got my shelter cats they had been on crappy dry food and I had about a week long puking extravaganza switching them to quality dry. Now that they have been on that for 2 months I am trying to introduce some wellness wet from advice I have read here. I am doing it slowly and mixing wet and dry (they'll never be on all wet anyways, doesn't work with my life) but I have noticed looser stools since I switched them (Just this week) I don't think it's really bad or something I have to concern myself with yet, but is this normal??

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I saw a big dropoff in poops, when I transitioned to more wet. But who knows? If it is higher fat ... or the protein is new or different ... could be okay.

By the way, in these parts, I call it a "PUKEFEST!"

Happy transitioning ... I have all these lovely, soft coats in my house now! And more activity, too.

empire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just give them a little bit at a time, slowly making the trasformation to more wet food. Try different brands too of the natural stuff

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my cats had loose stools for about a week or ten days after switching to all wet food. After their bodies adjusted to the change they've been fine.

Like 4meezers3kids I also saw a reduction in poop on wet food. The wet food is more digestible than dry so there is less waste produced.

I hope your kitties enjoy their new diet.

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

Some of my cats had loose stools for about a week or ten days after switching to all wet food. After their bodies adjusted to the change they've been fine.
Same here. She's not on all wet (75% wet 25% dry) but her tummy had to adjust getting wet for the first time in her life. I couldn't be happier.