Post your favorite crock pot recipes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided since i'm awake and bored, to make a nice beef stew!
I'm trying to use what we have up until I get paid and make it to the grocery store next week. Stew sounded soo yummy! I have a nice beef stew in the crock pot now- it should be ready sometime around 10:00am.

Here's what I put in it (i hope it turns out ok!):

*stew meat (beef- cut lean)
*wostershire sauce
*terriaki sauce (only a pinch!)
*fresh green bell pepper
*fresh red bell pepper
*cambell's french onion soup (1 can)
*1 can of beef broth
*1 tinsy can of tomato paste (normally i add 1 tinsy can of tomato soup- sounds weird but it makes it delish!)
*fresh scallions (green onion)
*cinnamon
*spicy season all
*chili pepper
*salt (only a tiny pinch)
*garlic salt (only a tiny pinch)
*ground peppercorn
*basil
*minced garlic
(normally I add wine or beer & fresh veggies (potato, celary, carrot) to mine, but i'm all out at the moment).

I hope it turns out ok! That's not normally what I put in my beef stew, but i was trying to use up what we have! Haha and I have no frozen strew veggies or fresh ones left, so tomorrow morning i will run out to the store and get some potatoes, celary, and carrots to add to it. I serve my stew over fresh cooked rice

Feel free to share your crock pot recipes!!!
I'm always looking for new ones to try out!

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the crock pot!! My 2rd favorite, as I have already posted my 1st favorite
, is this meal I call casserole in a crock pot!
It's simple.

Take 1 lb of raw cubed chicken breasts, 1 can of cream of celery soup, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans of water, a frozen bag of mixed veggies, and 2 cups of minute rice. Just throw it all in there and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I usually just serve it with rolls or biscuits, and oreo pie for dessert!!

Oreo Pie

Crush 1/2 large bag of oreos
Mix the cookies with 1/2 a tub of whipped cream
and 1 quart of vanilla ice cream

Mix it very well and spoon it into an oreo pie crust, let it sit in the freezer for about two hours, top with chocolate syrup then serve!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so bookmarking this thread! My only crockpot recipe is for chicken stuff... Yup, that's it official name! LOL What's nice is you can alter it anyway you want and it always come out good. I evolved it from a chicken stroganoff recipe.

Take 3 frozen (yes, frozen) chicken breast (or any combination of chicken meat you want, it can even be bone in if you want.) and put them into the crock pot.

In a bowl, mix 2 cans of cream soup (I usually use 1 mushroom and one chicken but celery would be good too or what ever you like). Do NOT add any water. If you want to make it stroganoff then you can sub one can of soup for an 8oz container of french onion dip OR use 2 cans of soup and a package of dry onion soup mix.

Once it's well mixed pour it over the chicken, set the crockpot to med/low and let it go for at least 4 hours, longer won't hurt it.

I'll do this when I'm home at lunch then when I get home after work I'll add some frozen veggies, make a pot of egg noodles and tada! Crockpot chicken stuff!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crock Pot Chicken

1 whole roaster chicken (about 3-4 lbs)
Seasoning of your choice (lately I'm hooked on "Rotissery" Seasoning)
Butter

Take chicken, rinse and pat dry.
Set in Crock Pot.
Butter top of Chicken.
Season to taste.

Turn Crock Pot on LOW.
Cook for 8 hours. Longer and it's a bit over done (the original recipe said 8-10 hours, but we've discovered more than 8 1/2 hrs is too long).

My cats and I LOVE crock pot chicken.
Best served with stuffing, cranberry & baked sweet potatoes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's recipes sound sooooooo yummy!
Great answers you guys!!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have a crockpot but I'm going to get one to try out those yummy sounding recipes. I love new food!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several, but I love doing a roast in it. No recipe really, but I'll adlib

1 roast about 1/3 of the total size of the crock that you are cooking in.

Carrots, Celery, Onion, Potatoes - cut into about 1" chunks

Add 1/2 the veggies to the bottom of the crock. Add the roast. Add the rest of the veggies.

Add 1/4 cup water. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.

Cover. Cook on "Auto". It will cook on high for about 90 minutes and then turn itself to low. Roast is ready in about 8 hours.

Do not remove cover while cooking!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have several, but I love doing a roast in it. No recipe really, but I'll adlib

1 roast about 1/3 of the total size of the crock that you are cooking in.

Carrots, Celery, Onion, Potatoes - cut into about 1" chunks

Add 1/2 the veggies to the bottom of the crock. Add the roast. Add the rest of the veggies.

Add 1/4 cup water. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.

Cover. Cook on "Auto". It will cook on high for about 90 minutes and then turn itself to low. Roast is ready in about 8 hours.

Do not remove cover while cooking!
do you add any other seasoning to your roast aside from salt & pepper? it sounds yummy!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

do you add any other seasoning to your roast aside from salt & pepper? it sounds yummy!
Nope. Not when I use a slow cooker to do it. Just salt and pepper. The meat gets infused with the flavour of the veggies and vice versa. You can sprinkle in some onion or garlic powder or add whatever spices you like. I just prefer it with salt and pepper.

Now when I roast it in an oven that's an entirely different story. I have a whole different method.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I have a crock pot (inherited from my mother) but believe it or not, I have NEVER used it! Now, I have some ideas. Thanks guys...keep them coming!
I love my slow cooker! I haven't used mine in a few years though because it's on the top of my cupboards and I'm not balanced enough to get up on a step stool to get it down and I keep forgetting to ask someone to help me with that.

It came with a recipe book that has dozens of yummy recipes in it. Apaprently you can cook not only soups/stews/roasts, but also cakes and puddings and breads in it too.

EDIT:

Another recipe that I like to make in it is Chili.

1 pound ground beef or ground turkey (cook in a frying pan until cooked and crumbly)
1 - 28 oz can whole tomatoes
1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 14 oz can tomato sauce
1 can mushrooms (pieces and stems)
1 cup ketchup
1 small can tomato paste (see method for it below)
1 green pepper finally diced, or even minced
1 medium onion finally diced, or even minced
(I chop both the onion and green pepper in the food processor)
1 - 14 oz can red kidney beans
1 - 14 oz can white kidney beans
1 - 14 oz can pinto beans
1 - 14 oz can black beans
(no need to rinse the canned beans)
Chili Powder to taste (I usually put in a few tablespoons)
Red Pepper Flakes to taste (I usually put in 1/2 teaspoon)
2 teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce

In an ungreased nonstick frying pan brown the tomato paste by cooking over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon so it doesn't burn. Add a teaspoon of water periodically to unstick it from the bottom but don't saturate it with water or it won't brown. Once it's brown (not burned) add about 1/2 cup of water to deglaze the pan. Pour it into the rest of the chili mixture.

Cover. Cook on Auto. It will cook for 90 minutes on high and then turn itself down to low. Chili is ready in about 10 hours.

If you want Texas style chili go ahead and add some canned corn kernals at the end, and even some cooked diced potatoes.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicago Style "Beef" sandwiches

(for those of us that have moved away from Chicago and can no longer find "Beef" sandwiches anywhere else in the world)

3-4 pound beef roast
1 can cheap beer
1 jar Pepperochini peppers (preferably pre-diced)

Put the above in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until you can shred the beef with a fork. Pull the beef out of the pot, let cool for a few minutes and shred with a fork. If the peppers were not pre-diced, pull them out of the pot, remove the stem and coursely chop. Put everything back into the pot. Optionally, add 1 sliced onion and 2 packages of Au Jus. Let this cook for another hour. Serve over crusty buns, kaiser rolls or french bread.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

(for those of us that have moved away from Chicago and can no longer find "Beef" sandwiches anywhere else in the world)

3-4 pound beef roast
1 can cheap beer

Put the above in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until you can shred the beef with a fork. Pull the beef out of the pot, let cool for a few minutes and shred with a fork. If the peppers were not pre-diced, pull them out of the pot, remove the stem and coursely chop. Put everything back into the pot. Optionally, add 1 sliced onion and 2 packages of Au Jus. Let this cook for another hour. Serve over crusty buns, kaiser rolls or french bread.
OHHHHHH that sounds aweosme! I LOVE beef sandwiches!!! There is a guy named Jimmy who opened up a Chicago style resturant right down the road from my house and his taste just like the real thing (he's from chicago so that's why i guess!) I went to Chicago a few yrs ago and I swear I've never had better pizza or beef sandwiches!
I will definitely be trying this recipe!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

3-4 pound beef roast
1 can cheap beer

That sounds SO GOOD!!!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Simple, but delicious...this is a creamy potatoe soup that you can easily customize to taste. We made it when we were staying in Tennesee last Spring. We started it in the morning, and after a day of hiking in the 30 degree weather (F) it was TOO perfect!

Ingredients

* 5 C. water
* 1/3 C. butter
* 1/2 Tbs. parsley flakes
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 6 potatoes, peeled & cubed
* 2 onions, chopped
* 1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
* 2 Tbs. fresh chives

Directions

1. Put all ingredients except evaporated milk into crockpot.
2. Cook on high 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
3. Add milk last 2 hours.
4. Ladel into bowls and garnish with chives.

litterboxqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mmm...now I really want potato soup!

I'll be trying that recipe! Just have to buy myself a crock pot.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OHHHHHH that sounds aweosme! I LOVE beef sandwiches!!! There is a guy named Jimmy who opened up a Chicago style resturant right down the road from my house and his taste just like the real thing (he's from chicago so that's why i guess!) I went to Chicago a few yrs ago and I swear I've never had better pizza or beef sandwiches!
This is like the simplest recipe in the world. It's not exactly like Chicago Beefs as they don't shred the meat, but the peppers and beer give it the same flavor.

Oh yeah, and when you serve them, you can put sweet or hot peppers over the top, if that is how you ordered them in Chicago.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is like the simplest recipe in the world. It's not exactly like Chicago Beefs as they don't shred the meat, but the peppers and beer give it the same flavor.

Oh yeah, and when you serve them, you can put sweet or hot peppers over the top, if that is how you ordered them in Chicago.
I don't get hot peppers on mine (i have severe GERD- not a good idea
sweet peppers may be good though! i will try that!)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mines called Taco Soup.

You brown one pound of hamburger with about a half cup of onion. Then you put it in a crock pot with a can of kidney beans, can of pinto beans, can of stewed tomatos, can of diced tomatos with green chiles, and a can of drained corn. Put in a packet of ranch dressing seasoning and add a cup and a half water. Cook it on low for about five or six hours then eat. I like to put shredded cheddar cheese on my bowl full and eat it with tortilla chips. It's really good.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Mines called Taco Soup.

You brown one pound of hamburger with about a half cup of onion. Then you put it in a crock pot with a can of kidney beans, can of pinto beans, can of stewed tomatos, can of diced tomatos with green chiles, and a can of drained corn. Put in a packet of ranch dressing seasoning and add a cup and a half water. Cook it on low for about five or six hours then eat. I like to put shredded cheddar cheese on my bowl full and eat it with tortilla chips. It's really good.
That sounds delicious! I make black bean soup but it's time consuming to do. I think I'll try the taco soup soon.