Do your kitties actually like being kissed?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger does the sweetest thing. Whenever I come upstairs, she rushes to run up ahead of me and then stops so I will give her kisses on the head halfway up the stairs.
She LOVES getting kisses, and is such a kissy kitty.

Trent likes kisses too. He will lower his head to get kisses between the ears (on that super-duper soft fur there!). He also likes to give kisses by holding his mouth to ours (closed
) since he figured out that's how we kiss him. (aaaawww!) He'll even give us kisses on the forehead too sometimes.

Mojo is a licky kitty.
But she's OK with me kissing her on the head. She likes to give licky kisses, but not too often.
Mostly she likes to nuzzle and lick my neck while she kneads on either side of my neck in a big kitty hug.

Ophelia HATES kisses! Well, Daddy kisses on the head are OK, but NOT Meowmy kisses. I can sneak one in every so often, but she doesn't like it even if she knows I won't actually eat her.

Do your kitties like, tolerate, or hate kisses? Or do you think I'm really a freak for kissing my kitties on the head?

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my mother's cats enjoys it when he's in the mood. The other (he is the king of the wet noodle pose) just lays there, lol! Porthos, the one who likes it, will smell my mouth when I kiss him and then press his head against my lips. Heheee, he's such a cutie. X)

Your babies sound SO sweet! I hope I can form such a great bond with my own cats.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most don't care, but Vash acts as if we're about to eat him

Now we kiss him just because he'll wrinkle his nose up and whine at us.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whenever I pick up my cat, she'll give me a few licks on the nose. I always call them kisses.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho could care less, it's all attention to him and he's a somewhat snuggly cat.

Tomas thinks I'm his momma and that kisses are grooming. He'll turn his cheek towards me and close his eyes. He also loves to have Sho groom his face.
Tomas gives licks back too, with his cat food breath.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna definitely does! She loves to give nose kisses, and not just to me. She will kiss anyone, even the V E T! She's a very social cat and absolutely loves everyone. She seems to like it when I give her kisses on her head or side of her face too. She purrs and presses her head more into my face.

Abby does sometimes. She's a cuddly cat but only on her terms. Occasionally she gets into a real cuddle mood where she will let me hold her and she presses her face into my face and chin and when she does that I give her kisses and she purrs and purrs. The other times I catch her to give her kisses I know she is only begrudgingly letting me, LOL

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Clyde was a baby at the shelter and I was going in every day to hold him for hours, he gave me the sweetest little nosekisses -- and he still does, though not as often. I'm a total fool for 'em... one nosekiss and Clydie can have anything he wants!

Pearl is a licky kisser, which is slightly less pleasant, of course... but she seems to have figured out that I prefer my licks on the cheek, not the lips, so we're doing better now.

They both prefer to initiate, but I can usually get by with a little peck on the head.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine loves them, she also gives kisses too, but her tongue is sandpaper so she doesn't get to give many..ouch! She also likes to rub noses.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ophelia loves, loves, loves kisses and has learned thow to give me a kiss by reversing what I do...she'll come over and bump her forehead against my face..knowing I always kiss her on the forehead between her sweetly curled ears.

All of our cats know that I give a kind of kiss I call a nose niffy. I put a finger tip out to lightly touch their nose and make a kissing sound. They all will put out their nose to sniff at my finger, and some will respond after by being silly (rolling over, head upside down, tips of teeth showing etc.). I know they realize it's a mom loves me kind of thing

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic thrusts his face into mine and will make little whining noises until I kiss him on the head. Radar is a funny one, sometimes I will go to kiss him and he'll do contortions trying to avoid it, and other times he's ok with it.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yeah they love it!
They usually stick their heads forward for one, and Jack practically shoves his nose in my mouth!
Awww! Jack loves you!

Reilly loves kisses. When I pucker up he will press his mouth or nose onto my mouth. He never gets enough! I always tell him he's a messy kitty

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stanley loves kisses, he rubs up against your chin and grinds his little wet nose into it until you give him a kiss on the head

Bella, not so much, although all affection is better coming from DH...(not that I'm feeling left out or anything
. I tried to give her an affectionate head butt once when I was petting her(I do it with Stan all the time) and she looked at me like

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the kittens were tiny, we had a routine. They each got 5 kisses on the top of their head after I was done weighing them every day, and 5 more kisses before bed. Now most of them LOVE kisses. Spike, however, absolutely positively HATES kisses. I got a very nice scratch on my face the first time I tried, LOL. As for the adults, Tabitha will allow it but with a very annoyed look on her face, and Spooky Bear doesn't get close enough to even try.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my kitties like getting kisses. Sassy will actually stick his head right in your face until you kiss him. Linus has just started asking for kisses by sticking his head on your mouth when you pick him up. He also likes to have his ears kisses.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mt kitties do not really like kisses, but they tolerate them because it is lovin' from Meowey.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alot of my kitties enjoy kisses, but Gaia is the only one who will give ME kisses

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

My Ophelia loves, loves, loves kisses and has learned thow to give me a kiss by reversing what I do...she'll come over and bump her forehead against my face..knowing I always kiss her on the forehead between her sweetly curled ears.
Pru does a head bump and then gives me kiss, she melts me every time she does this.

The other two...they tolerate me.