Diarrhea solution maybe, country Pet food.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the last month my bengal kittens have been having diarrhea, I tried numerous different canned foods(wellness, merricks, avoderm, natural balance, etc..), they all gave my boys diarrhea. I was given some advice to try Country Pet cat food which I found in a little freezer in the pet food section of Whole foods. The day after I started feeding them this the diarrhea was gone. The food is suppose to be really good for the cats and just like feeding them raw.

Here's a link to the country pet website...

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....&category=-109

G

ghostuser

Interesting.. made by Canz. I love their dog treats.. I've never seen the food around here, though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PASTURIZED IS a NO NO in the raw world .. plus raw fish is a NO NO

that looks like a weird canned to me

If you are feeding either raw or homemade ... whether you make it or premade DO your HOMEWORK.

www.catinfo.com

www.felineinstincts.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you tell me why pasturized is a no no in the raw world? And which do you think is better for a cat a good canned food or this?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would do canned food as I can tell MANY of the mineral s and vitamins are not natural or are from non food sources ...

Pasturized = heat ... heat = cooked but not fully

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Common food allergies or intolerences for cats

Wheat

Soy

Fish

Peas

corn

chicken

beef

OHHH and forgive my lack of manners

Welcome to TCS

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To me it seems having everything mixed together, pasturized, and then snap frozen is healthier then having meat sit around in a can at room temperature. I guess until I can find a better alternative I'll be feeding my cats this.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the links, I'll look into them when I get a chance. The reason I don't want to go totally raw is it seems like a big hassle, I like the idea of just openning a can or cutting off a piece of meat and putting it in a bowl.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many premade raws... I used two types with the cat and dog ... now the cat passed and the dog need s homemade food which is alot of work...

add DAIRY to the allergy list

I will search for the list of simple wet foods .. one protein one grain or starch type..

EVO 95% meats come to mind at this late hour

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After reading the links, I'd like to try the Bravo products. Does anyone know of a good retailer who ships from the western US, closer to Nevada the better.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
argh...recall

LAS VEGAS SUN > BUSINESS > CORPORATE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printable text version | Mail this to a friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 19, 2007

Recalls
By The Associated Press

The following recalls have been announced:

- TWC Global of Mountain View, Calif., is recalling 200 boxes of its supplement products sold under the names Axcil and Desirin because the products contain potentially harmful, undeclared ingredients. No illnesses have been reported, according to the company. The products, manufactured in the U.S. and sold on the Internet nationwide, are sold as a 15-capsule blister-pack, packaged in a box.

The company said in a statement Wednesday that the Food and Drug Administration found samples of the products contained an active ingredient for an FDA-approved drug for erectile dysfunction. The undeclared chemicals pose a threat to consumers because they may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels, the company said.

Customers should stop using the products immediately and contact their doctor if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking this product. Any reactions should be reported to the Food and Drug Administration's MedWatch adverse event reporting program at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm. For more information, consumers can call the company at 650-575-0828.

- Bravo! LCC is recalling tubes of frozen cat and dog food, because of a potential bacterial contamination. The recall includes various-sized tubes of Bravo Original Formula Chicken Blend frozen raw food and 2-pound tubes of Bravo Basic Formula Finely Ground Chicken frozen raw food, because they could be contaminated with both salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. The original formula chicken was manufactured on August 24 and the finely ground chicken was manufactured on August 14. The company is also recalling various-sized tubes of Bravo Original Formula Turkey Blend frozen raw food because they could be contaminated with listeria. This product was manufactured on August 24.

Both salmonella and listeria can cause serious infections in cats, dogs and - if there is cross-contamination - in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems. The company has received no reports of illness in people or animals. Details: by phone at 866-922-9222; by Web at http://www.bravorawdiet.com

--

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YEP.

I can understand the radical raw folk opposing pasteurization ... but at the same time, it would have the palability of raw, with the microbial safety afforded by canned ... as a canned alternative, I think it would be a good choice to at least TRY!

I am going to look further at this.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
river - Have you tried a probiotic supplement? If raw cures your boys diarrhea the supplement might also. It provides microbes and enzymes found in raw but destroyed during commercial food processing.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mschauer...that's something I'll look into but I think for now I'd like to stick with a premade raw, thanks.

sharky....is there a consensus as to the best premade raw?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by river

mschauer...that's something I'll look into but I think for now I'd like to stick with a premade raw, thanks.

sharky....is there a consensus as to the best premade raw?
No ... lot like canned and dry food ... MANY are good and you have to research what you define as good

Probiotics are recommended HIGHLY for raw and cooked diets

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe Country Pet isn't all that bad, while reading about raw I ran into an acticle by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM, she occasionally feeds it to hers cats.

quoted "My cats are now eating a species-appropriate diet consisting of raw meats (chicken and rabbit) and organs using a properly balanced recipe, plus a high quality, grain-free canned food such as Wellness or Nature's Variety on occasion – for variety and convenience. I also occasionally feed a frozen food called Country Pet. (See Commercial Canned Food Choices.)

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By the way I still haven't found anything other then Raw and Country Pet food that won't give my boys diarrhea. My recent experiment with probios and kitty bloom didn't work at all. Next I'm going to try Eagle Holistic Transitions.