I have HAD it with my animals!!!! (long vent...sorry)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I have to vent! I am about ready to have cat and dog stew...I'm serious.

Tonight was stressful anyway. DH and I have to finish my mom's estate and tonight we had to record every check written, match them to receipts, type everthing up 3 different ways (love bureacracy) and somehow, after 6 hours, we finally have it coming out right. So, that was bad enough. Of course, Gizmo had to keep annoying me and sitting on the notebook I was trying to type from. :fume: but that was to be expected I guess.

We gave the dogs bones to keep them busy, so we thought everything was ok. Well, Skuttles (the pup) is housebroken and she usually lets us know when she needs to go out. Not tonight...she peed twice in the living room and pooped once. That was probably partly our fault for giving her something to distract her and not paying enough attention.

Then, after we were done, we let the big dogs out with Skuttles. They were out for about 20 minutes which isn't unusual (fenced in yard). I went to let them in, and there was my mom's Christmas Cactus that I was so proud of (it WAS huge!) torn to pieces all over the porch! It looked like a murder scene!! It was like a legacy from my mom...she loved it and I've tried to take such good care of it. It bloomed for the first time the Christmas before mom died (she had it for 7 yrs before it actually bloomed), and has bloomed every Christmas since. Now it is in pieces. There is some that is still rooted so it will probably survive, but I doubt I will bloom.

Then, shortly after that, I was in the bathroom the cats went tearing by and a second later I heard a crash. They jumped up on the dinning room table, knocked over his coffee cup, and coffee is all over the floor and table, which had the estate stuff we have to turn in tomorrow and 2 checks that we need to cash!!! Will the bank cash coffee soaked checks????

I'm sorry this is so long, but I just needed to vent!!! Can I trade them all in for goldfish???

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww sorry HUG it will look much better after a nice night of sleep.

by they way, i would pick something besides gold fish, they are veyr dirty fish, and you have to change out half the water every weeek, so maybe something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

aww sorry HUG it will look much better after a nice night of sleep.

by they way, i would pick something besides gold fish, they are veyr dirty fish, and you have to change out half the water every weeek, so maybe something else.
Ok, how about pet rocks??? That would be VERY low maintance!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe true, hmm but i dont think pet rocks or gold fish would come up to you and want to be hugged or petted. could you see rolling over in your sleep, and wake up after sleeping on your pet rock? hee your back would be worse then mine is..

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh NO thats awful! Don't feel bad, I'm sure every mother has moments where they want to strangle their children. We love them despite doing their crazy business in our house & lives.

So sorry your day has gone so rotten. I hope the kitties & dogs make up for their wackiness later this week. <3

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

I'm sure every mother has moments where they want to strangle their children.
Nope, not me

I came home last night to yet another broken picture frame that was on the windowsill, but it was my fault for leaving them up there, not the cats, because the cats don't know right from wrong

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here's to a better day today. Seems when one thing goes wrong - everything does. But yesterday is past, today is a new day....now SMILE

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! Yeah, today is better...so far. Of course, I've only been awake for 1/2 hr. It didn't help that this is also "that time of the month" and I'm dealing with cramps on top of everything. At least it's Friday!! And, the cats are being as good as gold this morning...I'm wondering what they have up their sleeves for later!

ferocity302

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
first thing that came to my mind was........... BREATH!

There are days that I can not tell you how hard it is going from one room to the next to see what the babies have gotten into. I just want to scream if that darn electric kitty box gets stuck one more time! Or, dang it someone has gotten on to what and can't get down or knocked over something?

So, I hear ya! Just remember... this too shall pass and tomorrow is another day (ok today now).

Take a few minutes today to sit down quietly for yourself with a fresh cup of coffee, look in to all those loving little eyes and remember that they may be frustrating some times but the rest of the time, they are worth it.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Nope, not me

I came home last night to yet another broken picture frame that was on the windowsill, but it was my fault for leaving them up there, not the cats, because the cats don't know right from wrong
You are a saint then! Even when things are accidents it's sometimes hard to have patience for some people.
I used to get so frustrated with my boss's kids when they wouldn't listen to me. It's was really hard to stay calm sometimes! But they're such great kids, really lovable but boy I'd get aggravated sometimes.

With animals it's a little different, they really don't know any better. But when they destroy something special to you even then some people have to sit down and keep reminding themselves they didn't know any better.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they are reacting to the stress in the household. Just like the kids - ever notice when the hubby makes the mommy cry, the kids just go out of control
just when she needs some peace, quiet, comfort, the kids are fighting with each other, misbehaving for attention...

Sending calming out to you!! Also, to ease cramps rapidly (works for all kinds, including diarrhea )try some raspberry leaf tea or capsules - not raspberry flavored tea, but tea from the leaves of the raspberry plant (use commercially prepared ONLY - unless dried properly, the leaves have a sap that is irritating to the stomach and causes severe heartburn
) If you can't find red raspberry, use marshmallow root. They work fast and are considered very safe by both traditional doctors and natural healers.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few days like that lately, it's so true that when one thing goes wrong EVERYTHING goes wrong. I hope you're having a better day today!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Sending calming out to you!! Also, to ease cramps rapidly (works for all kinds, including diarrhea )try some raspberry leaf tea or capsules - not raspberry flavored tea, but tea from the leaves of the raspberry plant (use commercially prepared ONLY - unless dried properly, the leaves have a sap that is irritating to the stomach and causes severe heartburn
) If you can't find red raspberry, use marshmallow root. They work fast and are considered very safe by both traditional doctors and natural healers.
I'm willing to give that a try, but where would I find that? Would that be sold at a health food store (which are few and far between here) or would it be easier to get it online?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dauntingfire

You are a saint then!

But when they destroy something special to you even then some people have to sit down and keep reminding themselves they didn't know any better.
No i wouldn't say a saint really?. I just know they don't know what's right or wrong?. And anything thats special to me is put out of sight where they can't knock over.

Picture frames and vases can easily be replaced, that's the way i look at it anyway.

Now kids are a different story, and that's one of the reasons why i chose not to have them, but i have got patience when they belong to someone else because i give them back at the end of the day