Ugly Betty!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm not the only fan out there for this - the season finale last year was really sad, so I'm really anxious to be watching this tonight

Who else is a fan?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've only just started watching it, so have seen a few episodes, and they're all over the place, so I'm not really sure what's in what order...

Last episode I watched Daniel and Alexis were in their fathers car which had the brakes cut and they crashed. Where is that in the grand scheme of things? Which season was that?

Have you been watching the new Next Top Model?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I've only just started watching it, so have seen a few episodes, and they're all over the place, so I'm not really sure what's in what order...

Last episode I watched Daniel and Alexis were in their fathers car which had the brakes cut and they crashed. Where is that in the grand scheme of things? Which season was that?

Have you been watching the new Next Top Model?
That was the season finale from last spring!

And yes for ANTM! http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142342

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I've been watching it. Man, I'm really PO'd about Santos. GRRRRRRRRRRR

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my gosh, I'm watching it again this year- didn't last year except sporadically for some reason, but I did watch the season finale last year and at the end of tonight's episode my heart broke all over again for Hilda
I don't know why, but stories about losing the love of your life really hits me hard, I actually had tears....don't get me started on Grey's. I must be hormonal tonight

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I repeat, I'm *mad* about Santos.
Of course, everything else went pretty well, given the circumstances, with the exception of Ignacio being stuck in out of the country. This is a great series, imo.

I was really upset that it was all a dream.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm a big fan of UGLY BETTY.
Hooray for America for winning the EMMY!
. Interesting season opener. I too am disappointed that the part with Santos was only a dream.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am too. I'm miffed about it in a "you can't be serious that wasn't real????" type of way. I mean, really, they could have killed off or removed someone else from the show. I mean, I guess he's not a crucial part of the show, but what was the harm in keeping the character? There's certainly enough strife in the show between Ignacio being stuck out of the country with no visa, Henry having gone off to wonder wonder land with the ho masquerading as the nun, Daniel and Alex/Alexis having their issues... and the *one* thing they do bad is take Santos out. I mean, sheesh.

I don't think the show would have lost anything or been any less dramatic had he lived. I think all the drama was in the season finale when he actually died and there wasn't that much drama in the season 2 premiere at all. Compared to the season one finale, the opener for this season wasn't nearly as dramatic, but it was still really good imo (except for Santos).

:grumble:

I still love the show though, and I'll still be watching it. At least, unlike McLeod's Daughters, when they killed off Santos they didn't kill a key character.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you know, Heather, i was thinking the exact same thing, what was the point of killing him off? there has to be some happiness on the show

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so happy when I saw that Santos "hadn't died. "
I was shocked and actually cried at last year's finale.
I really like how they had developed his character and the relationships with Betty's sister and Justin. Actually I was pretty mad about the "fantasy" of him recovering from the wounds.
Also, didn't like Alexis waking up thinking that she was Alex again. That is straight out of every daytime soap opera's "book of tricks" Booooooo.....

So, all in all, although I love this show, I was not happy withe the new season premier.

Tonight I will watch Grey's Anatomy, which I taped!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Hilda came out of the bathroom in that strapless wedding gown, I knew something was off. The gown they found in Mexico was her mother's wedding gown and was plainer.

Having Alexis claim to be Alex was just freaky!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
K I totally missed it last night. I dunno when it came on before or after Greys but ya I missed it

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The show didn't show that Justin was upset at all for losing his father??
What's the scoup with Henry coming back though??

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Henry might have discovered he isn't the father of the baby. That is the only reason he left.

As for Justin, something tells me he is going to have a melt down once he stops worrying about his mother

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never watched it but I know apparently it's hugely popular. But there are other shows on at that time that I watch and tape for later viewing.

Also, I don't find the title appealing at all. The word "Ugly" when associated with a person, especially a woman/girl, is appauling. I'm suprised that they haven't had any backlash about that, because having braces and glasses and being over weight does not make one "ugly". Or have I missed the entire reason behind the title?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

The show didn't show that Justin was upset at all for losing his father??
What's the scoup with Henry coming back though??
I know!!! They didn't show him being even remotely upset!

I think the episode was way too over the top - they tried to cram too much drama into one episode, and as a result, none of it seemed significant. They could have settled for just HALF the main characters going through a major life changing event, rather than every single character!!!!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Also, I don't find the title appealing at all. The word "Ugly" when associated with a person, especially a woman/girl, is appauling. I'm suprised that they haven't had any backlash about that, because having braces and glasses and being over weight does not make one "ugly". Or have I missed the entire reason behind the title?
Well, no, that's the reason or basis for the title, but it's more of a play on words than anything. I know there's a word for it but I can't think of it at the moment (end of a long work day). Everything on the show is "over the top" or sort of played to the extreme. The underlying plots are really good, though. I just can't think of the word for the type of show it is.

Originally Posted by sarahp

I know!!! They didn't show him being even remotely upset!

I think the episode was way too over the top - they tried to cram too much drama into one episode, and as a result, none of it seemed significant. They could have settled for just HALF the main characters going through a major life changing event, rather than every single character!!!!!
Well, I guess the reason they did it was because Hilda's character sort of has no where to go once she's "happy ever after". I mean, after I thought about it... it sort of made sense, even though it didn't make me any happier about them killing Santos off.

I don't think Justin was going to be as upset as Hilda because Justin really wasn't around Santos too much. He just sort of came back and I don't think Justin and Santos were ever very close given that Justin is rather feminine and Santos was always unwilling to let him be that way.