My New Kitty Came Home Today

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO He came home today. He is hiding under my bed where he is set up and closed in to get acclimated to the smells and sounds of his new home for the next few days before the door is opened for him to venture out into his new home & to meet his new 'fur family'

In person... he is HUGE... BIG BONE'd... He was fed TUNA, all his life (for the last 3 years) & Dry food... I had a cousin that did that with a cat, which makes for a BROAD KITTY (bad, bad). He is TOTAL... Arnold Schwarstzakitty. Way Bigger than my other Cats... not Fat, just BIG. (needless to say he is no longer going to be getting Tuna with me) as I know how harmful that is to a cat

So in person he did not look like a Darwin, so I did not re-name him to that. & after meeting his previous owner in person my husband does not have the heart to rename him. *I* however do not like 'just' Ben...

I was unable to get any photos of my own of BIG BEN... hmmm... ( ok... that's actually fitting)
... He's BIG... he's Ben... (Big Ben... like the Clock in London...) Ok... I can live with that...

Like I was saying... I was unable to get any photo's of my own of BIG BEN
before he came out of his crate, looked around for a second & went under the bed (safe spot for a new kitty)

HOWEVER, The previous owner DID send me Kitten photos of Big Ben, which THRILLED ME! I've never had a kitten, I've always rescued adult cats, so to see him as a kitten and to have photos of him as a kitten is GREAT! He was an adorable kitten

(THESE ARE OLD PHOTOS OF BIG BEN AS A KITTEN SENT TO ME BY THE PREVIOUS OWNER... BIG BEN IS NOT A KITTEN... HE IS NOW 3 YEARS OLD... BUT I THOUGHT THESE WOULD BE FUN TO SHARE)

& of course the 1 close-up current photo of of 3 year old BIG BEN that she Sent Me before, that I've shown before

I look forward to sharing my own photos of him & getting to know him.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a cutie! He has a handsome face! Straight tuna for a cat? Is that really healthy??? I have done it one time when I ran out of food and I had no car to go get some. . . oops!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

What a cutie! He has a handsome face! Straight tuna for a cat? Is that really healthy??? I have done it one time when I ran out of food and I had no car to go get some. . . oops!
It's TERRIBLE for cats to eat as a main diet

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=450509

My only question is WHY didn't her VET tell her how TERRIBLE Tuna is for him
I have all his medical records... he saw a vet regularly... & vets generally ask... what is your kitty eating...

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That was my thought, but I did not ever know exactly why. I just always knew it was people food and it is never good to give an animal people food.

Congrats on having him home and being able to get him on a good diet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

He's such a cutie pie! He's going to be a very handsome boy when he grows up.
He is grown up
He is 3 years old.
The photos of him as a kitten were sent to me by his previous owner as described above, I was just showing those since I was not able to take any photos of him...

Then the last photo is a current close up of his face that she took of him, that she had sent me as well before I got him.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

He is grown up
He is 3 years old.
The photos of him as a kitten were sent to me by his previous owner as described above, I was just showing those since I was not able to take any photos of him...

Then the last photo is a current close up of his face that she took of him, that she had sent me as well before I got him.
Oh! LOL My bad!
I guess I need to pay closer attention!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he is gorgeous!! I love his markings. I think Big Ben is a great name for him (especially if he is used to being called Ben). Can't wait to see pics of him after he adjusts to his new home and family!!

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was so cutie as a baby! X) And big too! I love that sweet face. I agree, with his look even as a tiny one "Darwin" just doesn't seem to suit him. I adore Big Ben though!

Can't wait to see your photos of him!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is special you got his baby pictures. Hope the cutie adjusts quickly. You are so sweet to rescue and give him a great home.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

AGAIN...

He is grown up He is 3 years old.

The photos of him as a kitten were sent to me by his previous owner as described in the origional post, I was just showing the kitten photos since I was not able to take any photos of him...

I think she meant she can't wait to see new pictures of him (once he stops hiding!).

What an adorable baby! I hope he acclimates easily and soon!

Tricia

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great looking boy Ben is! Lookig forward to his new pictures as he settle in!
I must say, when you see his feet (in the baby pictures) it is not surprising to learn that he has become a BIG Ben!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a cute kitten, can't wait to see some full body views of grown up BIG BEN coz he still looks a Darwin in the adult photo!!!

Take pictures soon!!

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, look forward to seeing your own photos, he is beautiful.