FINALLY! I got a JOB!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician and got laid off back in late May of this year from the Pharmacy I was working at.

It came with no warning, and was very upsetting!!

So I have been looking for something while getting a small unemployment check each week.

I callled about an ad for a delivery driver and they called me!
I didn't think much of it when I called and left them a message.
It turns out it is with DHL Delivery!
It's kinda like UPS, FedEX, etc...

I filled out all the paperwork yesterday and got a copy of my driving record and drug screen and dropped it all off this morning early to the DHL office.

They called me at about 1:30 today and I START MONDAY!!!!!
It's part time, which is what I want. 2-7pm m-f with an Owensboro route.
It's about 40 min. from here. I drive their vehicle, and I can get extra hours through the holidays if I want to. (extra Christmas money!)

I am psyched!

******Now I can afford more for my Secret Santa too!

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awesome!

I also start a new job Monday! I had been trying to find a job for most of this year. It's tough trying to get back into the work force after being a stay-at-home mom for nearly 6 years. Divorce drove me to get a job--so I guess you could say that I was also laid off...well, no, because I walked-off that "job".

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
Getting a new job after a long period of time is always a great feeling!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

Awesome!

Divorce drove me to get a job--so I guess you could say that I was also laid off...well, no, because I walked-off that "job".
what a great way to put it

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!! Delivery can be so much fun - the delivery drivers are such a wonderful diversion for office staff
Brush up on your jokes - given a choice, the staff will opt for shipping through the company whose drivers they like the best

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WTG, Patty!! Lotsa good working vibes for you!!

Hey, if you take the Indiana way to Owensboro, be sure to wave when you pass through the outer edges of Newburgh!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm familiar with DHL - it's a subsidiary of the German Post Office. I bet you can get a lot of extra work around Xmas!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay that's great! DH is a delivery driver and it's been a great way for him to stay in shape. He'd put on about 25 pounds between when we got married and when he got out of the military and he lost it all plus some within the first few months. I keep telling him I'm gonna go on his company's diet!