Not so smart people in my town

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok last week we had some heavy rains up in town for one hour. We got at least 6 inches of rain in that hour. Lots of places were flooded because of the rain. And this is a small town so most people should have known where the big dips in the road are. Or at least I would have thought. I look at this picture and wonder what these 2 drivers were thinking:

http://www.thepress-sentinel.com/art...ews/news01.txt

Did they forget the advice of if you can't see how deep a puddle is you don't drive through it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And what gets me is they were coming from the top of the hill. And an officers says there was no way they could see how deep it was.

Ok number one: its a highly traveled road in this town. We have to drive it to just about anywhere here. People know how deep/steep that part is. And seems to me common sense should kick that its going 1/2 up the hill maybe you should not drive through it.

Number 2: the speed limit is 35 right there. It just got done raining I would hope they were not going so fast down that wet road that they had zero time to react.

And 3: They were coming from the top of the hill. Even if they did not see the how deep it was I would have thought maybe 1/2 down and then stop. Not go smack dab to the middle.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Apparently some drivers think THEIR car/SUV would never get stuck.
Well I guess that little lake proved them wrong.

But seriously I am glad no one was hurt.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

Sometimes I wonder about the evolutionary future of our species. . .
Recent studies show that there is a "de-evolution" in the human species.

I am also glad to see that no one was injured. I've lived in GA, and some of the people are just...well, let's just say that some of them must have slept in the day common sense was being passed around.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

Just look at our world leaders..

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've lived in GA, and some of the people are just...well, let's just say that some of them must have slept in the day common sense was being passed around.
Oh I hear ya on this one. And let it be known I am not from Ga I just moved here some years ago. And I still kick myself for the choice.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I would believe it one hundred percent. . . You can see it in schools. . . no one teaches for knowledge anymore. No one teaches to the highest level. Schools teach for the passage of standardized testing. . . That and nothing more, and they teach to the lowest level . . . Call me a bad person, but maybe we need some changes. . .

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Oh I hear ya on this one. And let it be known I am not from Ga I just moved here some years ago. And I still kick myself for the choice.
LOL I am also not from GA, but I lived 13 years in Savannah, Bloomingdale, and Tybee Island. It wasn't my choice to move there, I was just a kid and at the mercy of my mom.

NoRachelHere: Don't even get me started on schools. I just have one child (my daughter), and this is her first year in school. Yeah, nice experience so far. I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll start a seperate thread.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happens here, every summer. Idiots insist on driving around barricades and into flooded washes. Six inches of water will float a car and you have no way of telling if the road is washed out. In one week, three people were killed, driving into flooded washes, this past summer.

We have a "stupid motorist" law: if you drive around barricades, into a flooded wash and need to be rescued, you will be cited and billed for the rescue. If you have children in the car, you may be prosecuted for child endangerment. Oh yeah, your insurance company won't cover damage/loss of your car.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

We have a "stupid motorist" law: if you drive around barricades, into a flooded wash and need to be rescued, you will be cited and billed for the rescue. If you have children in the car, you may be prosecuted for child endangerment. Oh yeah, your insurance company won't cover damage/loss of your car.
They should have that law everywhere.