I think Kinah needs to go to rehab.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Yes... I need to face the fact and admit that my little Kinah is completely addicted to affection.

She will do anything to get her fix. She jumps on my lap as soon as I sit anywhere, yells at me to get attention and jumps on my back when I lie down.

When she is "under the influence" (being pet) she becomes crazy. She'll rub on my hand as hard as she can and flop on her back, rubbing against my lap or whatever is underneath her. She also looses control over herself: she drools, farts and bites.
She can also be a danger to bystanders... those who don't know her might interpret her flopping on her back as an invitation to rub her tummy and only end up being bitten.

Does anyone know of a good rehab program?
Or should I just see that as a sign that I need to spend more time at home?

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:
lol3: I think you should just keep enabling her in her addiction. I wish one of mine had her problem.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Yes... I need to face the fact and admit that my little Kinah is completely addicted to affection.

She will do anything to get her fix. She jumps on my lap as soon as I sit anywhere, yells at me to get attention and jumps on my back when I lie down.

When she is "under the influence" (being pet) she becomes crazy. She'll rub on my hand as hard as she can and flop on her back, rubbing against my lap or whatever is underneath her. She also looses control over herself: she drools, farts and bites.
She can also be a danger to bystanders... those who don't know her might interpret her flopping on her back as an invitation to rub her tummy and only end up being bitten.

Does anyone know of a good rehab program?
Or should I just see that as a sign that I need to spend more time at home?
My Lucky girl can never get enough love either, I am at home with her, she is never more than a few feet from me, as I walk she goes back and forth between my feet. If I sit she is on my lap, shoulder, head, she even sits beside the tub while I bathe, getting dressed is a lot of fun too
she
me I am so happy to have a little snuggle bug like her, My neices cat bites and scratches every one,

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she has separation anxiety....its not unheard of in cats. A girl I worked with had a cat that pretends to faint before they left anywhere. The vet told her its very uncommon, but not unheard of. He literally won't leave them alone at all! Just think....its could be worse....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Maybe she has separation anxiety....its not unheard of in cats. A girl I worked with had a cat that pretends to faint before they left anywhere. The vet told her its very uncommon, but not unheard of. He literally won't leave them alone at all! Just think....its could be worse....
Oh my. That is weird.
I better not let Kinah read this, she could get ideas.
It's quite probable that she has some anxiety. Either that or she is very manipulative. At times, I will hear her in another room crying out in distress, I rush to find her and she's just sitting somewhere, completely fine (and quite happy to have my attention).

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is just training you to come when she is meowing!!!
Bobber does that alot when she is outside-the majority of the time she is bringing us a mouse or something else!!