What not to Wear....huh

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I am sitting around the house with nothing to do and nothing good on tv. So I see this show and stop to see what its all about. 10 minutes in and I don't really like this show. Yet I am still curious about it. I guess why I don't like this show is because I am not a fashion bug. I wear what I like and what I feel comfortable in. And I don't really care if people don't like what I wear. I mean I mainly wear t-shirts and jeans. I have only dressed up (kinda) 3 times in my life jr high dance, my wedding and a christmas party for my husbands old work. Thats it. And I would be so mad if anyone I knew tried to put me on a show like this one. It just would not end pretty.

I mean why do other people feel the need to tell someone else how to dress. Its no one else's business how one wants to dress.

Does anyone here watch the show and like it?
Also does anyone watch or have watched this show and feel like I do?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the show. I like how brutally honest stacy and clinton are. I can't belive how terrible some of those people dress.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I've seen of the show I like it. Someone needs to tell the mother of five that the micro-mini leopard print spandex skirt isn't the best choice of clothing for the office.

However, I think that if you are totally comfortable in what you wear then that's fantastic. Who cares what other people think?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to be on this show just so I can have the $5,000 shopping spree!! I'm a thicker girl so I would love to get pointers on how to make myself look slimmer and would love a makeover!! they couldn't touch the length of my hair though

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the show. It's not really fair to dislike it because they don't let people pick their own clothes, well, you can always say no when they ask you if you want to be on the show.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was on that show, I'd be beating them up - don't you DARE throw away my comfort clothes!!!

I'm a sloppy dresser, freely admit it. Always have been, always will be, and I don't give a darn what other people think about how I dress.

Just because I am female does NOT mean I have to wear floral prints or skirts or heels, and it certainly doesn't mean that I HAVE to accessorize.

I couldn't be bothered. What a waste of time and money - there is so much else I can do with my time and my wallet that is actually means something in the greater scheme of things.

Now, if you are planning on dressing like a peacock to attract a mate, that may be different. There again, if they aren't attracted to me, the REAL me, then IMO they aren't worth a second thought.

First impressions can lead to false expectations. What's on the outside is merely a shell and not necessarily representative of what is INSIDE.

Take Paris Hilton, for example. All show, no substance.

And Brittany - so many went ga-ga over her looks way back when, and now we've learned that no amount of designer clothing or money can change the real you, who you are inside, and THAT is what counts.

LOL - just realized I have a pretty strong opinion on this one.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely adore this show- I watch it all the time. Its unreal sometimes, the things you see people wearing- and someone has to tell them that its not looking so good (Like Heather said!)

I get a lot of fashion pointers from it too, without even being on the show!

But if your comfy with what you wear- then who cares what everyone else thinks? Me on the other hand- love fashion and that sort of thing

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch that show and I love it.
There have been times that the person doesn't dress all that bad, but other times it makes you wonder if they didn't turn the lights on when they were dressing!

Someone needs to tell these people that you don't wear clothes with holes in them to work, you don't wear clothes with food stains on them to work.
Someone who's 5 feet tall 200 pounds really shouldn't be wearing a tube top and short shorts....actually if your 5ft, 89 pounds you shouldn't wear that!
Lastly, if you have 40 DD's you really need to wear a bra

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the show, watch it every week. I would love to be on the show to get the $5,000 new wardrobe. I also like the bluntness of Stacey and Clinton, they are fashion experts, and they ought to know. (What Not To Wear) I, like Kenz said, get alot of fashion tips from them by just watching the show!! Love It!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow, I guess there is no middle ground with this show! either you love it or you hate it!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While some people can be comfortable wearing certain clothes, its always nice to go out with something a bit more modern and to show off what you got.

I know a lot of guys won't complain too much about their gf/SO/wife, but they secretly do love when you take the time to "look pretty" for them. Remember guys are visual creatures and if you don't keep their attention, then you can't blame them for looking elsewhere...can you?

I've seen the makeovers on Maury show - those are like nite and day and just watch the reactions of the guys when their woman comes out with a total makeover!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I love that show!!!

Well except the part where they add blonde highlights to everyone's hair :p

Anyhoo, some people should not wear certain clothes. I.e. someone else said it in an earlier post: the 40 DD 500 lb 5 foot tall woman should not wear tube tops and short shorts.

I'm with you Katie...I just would LOVE the $5000 shopping spree

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The UK version was good when it was the original hosts Trinny and Susannah but now it`s Mica Paris and someone I`ve never heard of and it`s poop.

It`s on tonight here but I shall be watching 10 Years Younger instead

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think what I love about the show is that they choose people who are not necessarily happy with how they look. If you are totally happy with yourself then it's not really a proper show to be on. It's also for people who dress totally inappropriately. >_>;

In the end, I think what I love the most is that they investigate why a person feels a certain way about their clothes and tries to help shift their mindset. One woman was 42 and clinging to being 20. She dressed totally inappropriately for work and for PTA meetings. By the end of the show she'd embraced her age and fell in love with a gorgeous look that was still crazy funky but also not skin tight & spandex. She seemed thrilled and more at peace with herself.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I mean why do other people feel the need to tell someone else how to dress. Its no one else's business how one wants to dress.

Does anyone here watch the show and like it?
Also does anyone watch or have watched this show and feel like I do?
I didn't like it at first, but I do like it now. They really want to help people, it is not a mean show. It is about more than just clothes.

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I enjoy the show. I have a job in a corporation and although I don't have to wear suits and dresses all the time, I do have to look somewhat put together and up to date. It gives me some ideas I would never have thought of.

However, when I go home in the evening after work, I don't care what I am wearing!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it and actually have learned a few things.... mostly evan thou I look like a teen I shouldnt dress like one...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose if you work then yes you need to be put together. But in any other circumstance I don't see why it matters what one wears. As long as that person is comfortable in themselves and feel comfortable in what they wear was does it matter to other people.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh! I love that show!
And, I'm alot like you! I just wear whatever (especially since I'm a college student) but fr some reason i just love their personalities

I would LOVE to be on the show and have a new wardrobe form NYC!!

I don't know why...but for someone who doesn't REALLY care about fashion from day-to-day I love shows like this and like Project Runway!