Pics of the Lhasa Apso

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well here are pics of him. He still needs to be neutered but I think he might be staying. I saw him all snuggled under the blanket and decided to toture him a little. LOL Joe says I should call him Spencer but I think I'll change it if I keep him.

And the torture begins

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwwww, what a cute 'ems!!!! He might be a little small to be a Lhasa, how much does he weigh? I'm thinking more Shih-Tzu
one word of warning though, if he is a Lhasa, or a Shih-Tzu for that matter, there are typically not tht good with children, they like to snap/bite them
I have a Lhasa and I have to keep him away from small children at all times...well, he avoids them as much as possible himself to tell the truth!
My ex step-daughter who was 10, was afraid of Vino!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's 20 lbs. He's definatly alot bigger then shih tzus Ive seen come threw our rescue and about the same size as the Lhasa that came threw our rescue. I tested him out with a couple of kids I know and he was bouncing all over them licking and begging for attention. In fact he was more excited and friendly with them then any adults he's seen.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

He's 20 lbs. He's definatly alot bigger then shih tzus Ive seen come threw our rescue and about the same size as the Lhasa that came threw our rescue. I tested him out with a couple of kids I know and he was bouncing all over them licking and begging for attention. In fact he was more excited and friendly with them then any adults he's seen.
wow, he's a lot bigger than he looks!!
like I should talk, Vino is a moose at 29.2 lbs
but he's not really fat. I don't think so at least

that's great then! he does look like a Spencer

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my GOSH, how could someone dump that swet baby? He is such a love!

Many good vibes for him to have a good home, either with you or elsewhere.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a real cutie!
I second the Lhasa / Shih Tzus not being good with kids, but it sounds like you've got a friendly wee guy there.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just watch him, I've known quite a few lhasa/shih tzus to have been placed & started getting nippy after 6 months-1year+.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Spencer went to his new home tonight. One of my elderly neighbors saw him and fell in love. I didnt really want a dog that required that much grooming anyways. Vet also estimated him at around 8-10 years so I thought he would fit better into a calmer house.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Thanks everyone! Spencer went to his new home tonight. One of my elderly neighbors saw him and fell in love. I didnt really want a dog that required that much grooming anyways. Vet also estimated him at around 8-10 years so I thought he would fit better into a calmer house.
yeah for Spencer!! yeah, the grooming is a right pain in the boot