Trip to the vet...

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was aweful!!! Petunia peed in the crate on the way there. Mind you, it is a 5 minute ride. We get to the vet, our first time at this vet, and they were slow and not particularly professional. Well, at the desk anyway, but it kind of colored my opinion of the rest of them I think. We finally get back to the room and I get to let the kitties out of there crates and Petunia is soaked and smelly....and the banana is soaked! That's right, she peed all over her banana! I always put a toy in the crates when we go anywhere and I thought her banana would make her happy--nope, I was oh so wrong! The vet and tech came in and Pepper growled at them. I have NEVER heard Pepper growl, but it may have had something to do with the tech violating him earlier when checking for a fecal sample. Pepper loves going to the vet except for today. Then they got microchipped. I thought someone was going to lose an arm, or at least a finger, but everyone was intact at the end. That needle is huge! I was so stressed by the trip to the vet you would have thought that they stuck me with that big huge needle!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad everyone is home safe and sound. Though what a rough day all of you had.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless them! Kitty pee`s in his carrier too
NOT pleasant.
Especially when your in a taxi and you tell the driver your cat`s peed and you can tell he`s not happy!

I`m sure they will forget about it soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Bless them! Kitty pee`s in his carrier too
NOT pleasant.
Especially when your in a taxi and you tell the driver your cat`s peed and you can tell he`s not happy!

I`m sure they will forget about it soon
Well, Petunia is laying in front of the balcony door so I think she's ok and Pepper is hiding somewhere so I think he's ok. I really need to give Petunia a bath, but for right now, I think I am going to let her de-stress.

Oh and when she peed, she did so in my brand new car. Not thrilled about that but I was more worried about her than my car at that point.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww! Did the pee come out of the carrier?!

I usually put a puppy training pad in with Kitty but it gets scrunched up so next time it will be taped down.

Guess your going to have to buy anouther bannana to make it up to them

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Ewww! Did the pee come out of the carrier?!

I usually put a puppy training pad in with Kitty but it gets scrunched up so next time it will be taped down.

Guess your going to have to buy anouther bannana to make it up to them
The pee came out of the carrier at the vets--it seemed to stay in the crate until we got there. Yep, I am going to have to get them a couple more bananas! Especially after the size of the needle that they use for the microchipping! *shudder* I'll have to try the puppy training pad next time. Of course, I think that the next time they will have to be in the car will be for our 8 hour move next year. That's gonna be traumatic!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm wondering if the smell of the new car disturbed her. Before your long trip, you probably should give them shorter periods in the car to acclimate them some.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm wondering if the smell of the new car disturbed her. Before your long trip, you probably should give them shorter periods in the car to acclimate them some.
She really hates the crate and she really hates the ride in the car. She did this before when I moved. It was a 1/2 hour drive and she cried and peed then too. I will have to find a way to calm her down before we go to CT.